Most ratings by Country

How is the ‘pecking order’ decided for the list? I have highlighted Gibraltar as an example.

https://www.ratebeer.com/most-by-country/gibraltar/81/

Why is @RichTheVillan 2nd and @minutemat 33rd and me ‘nowhere’ (each of us having had one beer)?

Monaco is another example, the arbitrary listing doesn’t make sense.

https://www.ratebeer.com/most-by-country/monaco/135/

It is the same for ‘Most Rating by Region’, what system is used?

<*))))))><

For “even” numbers of ratings, could it be based on time? The first to get to that number of ratings goes first?

No @Viper666.Qc it can’t be, I sent bottles of the Gibraltar beer to Birmingham and London for tastings and I rated it with @minutemat before @RichTheVillan etc, had received it. @Scopey and @Leighton had it at the same London tasting and are also miles apart.

The system is not ‘the highest placed rater’ in the overall tables either, it appears to be a random choice or something really complicated that some computer geek has installed for some reason.

<*))))))><

Appears to be random.

It should be ordered by something … ie first to get there as mentioned above or the standard with top raters of a brewery … rating seniority ie the person with the most overall ratings goes top.

Nope, none of those (been checking). I just can’t find a system that fits.

<*))))))><

yes - I realise there is no order … never has been.

Just stating a few examples of how it could be ordered.

Sorry mate, I misread your reply, it’s random!

<*))))))><

I think the system should be ‘based on total ratings’, but with the lowest total person being given preference, therefore giving new guys (and lasses), or less frequent raters a chance to see their names on lists. Otherwise some people will never get a mention.

<*))))))><

Discussions are always good but there are way more urgent things to attack here on Ratebeer. This is some geeky stat thing a handful cares about. I do love lists aswell but this is cherrypicking-like. No one has any value of this and this mostly concerns small countries with a handful of rates. Especially the Gibraltar case is ridicously as there is only 1 beer which has been rated by more than 2 persons. One could add something like “…and 123 more people with X rates” though.

1 Like

Just asking a question, hoped I’d get an answer to it, but ‘hey ho’.

<*))))))><

Randomly, but it changes over time - didn’t change when I updated the page so can’t say when and how. Cheers // Thomas

1 Like

Should be first to the post.

I agree there are things that need attention, but with AB-Inbev now in complete ownership of RB we should at least now have an AB-INBEV contact to relay these concerns to.

Or will they remain completely faceless and uncontactable?

I have just noticed it has changed since I started this thread (the Gibraltar list), it’s morphed!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Considering how few consistent users seem to be about on ratebeer, maybe the fact that anyone cares about it is enough of a reason to address it!

2 Likes

To my experience it is random, but I think the rater looking at the page is on the list if qualified.

Yes it’s random all right, not too sure about seeing your own name on the list if qualified though, I wasn’t on Gibraltar when I looked the other day, yet appeared two days later!

<*))))))><

It wouldn’t even be a country if it wasn’t for you haddock!

1 Like

Send a Gibraltar bottle to @Oakes because we need that tick

If any of you comes to Europe anytime, I have an extra bottle.

1 Like

Sorry @fiulijn and @Oakes, only had three bottles and they ended up in London with @chriso , Birmingham with @RichTheVillan and the monthly share in Shewsbury with @minutemat . I think about 15 people rated those 3 bottles!

<*))))))><

1 Like