My year in beer 2019

Happy, with the stats for my year :wink:
(https://www.ratebeer.com/my-year-in-beer/95853/)

Thx ratebeer for the stats…

Happy Hogmanay // Thomas

3 Likes

Available on 01/01. Seem to remember that hasn’t been the case the last couple of years.

1 Like

Pretty sure this is the first time.

2 Likes

Hi, might be so that this is happening in each region depending on were you are located…
Had my first beer and only so far after 02.00 and it ended up in the jan 01…

Cheers // Thomas

Err, am I the only one whose antivirus is reacting to the page? Apparently the certificate on some “g.raphaeljs.com” site is untrusted?

@aww @services @joet - any ideas?

2 Likes

~500 a year has been my average over last decade. New breweries a touch over 30% of rates so that’s good as well.

2 Likes

Thanks Marko. This is worth a look.

• 1000 beers entered, with 993 rating being from US breweries. Drink Local! :+1:

• Most rated styles are all IPAs – IPA (160), Hazy IPA (131), IIPA (94), Hazy IIPA (55). So thats 41% of my ratings in one of those IPA categories.

• I rated 9 beers at 4.4 or higher. All 9 were some kind of IPA, and 7 of the 9 were from Modern Times. My highest rated beer was a 4.6, which was this delicious thing.

• Of my 25 highest rated breweries, 18 of them are California breweries, including 9 of the top 10.

• As far as I can tell, my 2 most rated breweries are Modern Times with 84 and Green Cheek with 46.

Needs to log on every minute… ;(

1 Like

Joe, still happens - I’m on my computer now, so no App issue… / Thomas

1 Like

2019 mirrors 2018 year for me: 1294 new beers from 728 breweries.

2018 saw me rate 1284 beers from 729 breweries.

2020 should see a drop in totals as I calm down a bit.

<*))))))><

1 Like

That’s fairly amazing how close those are

1 Like

I only see the oops robot, of course.

2 Likes

That’s fairly amazing how close those are

Yes @Jow, I was surprised they were that close, it wasn’t planned that way.

<*))))))><

Best year so far. I actually used the site more in the last 12 months than in the previous 8 years.

How are folks checking into places? I thought that features was disabled or did it exist for early parts of 2019?

1 Like

They aren’t. Also, there’s a bunch of entirely broken / absent stats near the bottom of the page. Also, the blue lines in the country field don’t scale properly, so you often can’t see full numbers because of them.

Releasing buggy pages is a highly honored Ratebeer LLC tradition, but at least most things seem to be working? It’s embarrassing how this looks compared to UT’s year in review pages nowadays, honestly… :confused:

3 Likes

My ratings total was also extremely close. In fact if I could have been bothered to rate the beer(s) in the Indian restaurant on NYE then I would have been just two different from last year, however the totals are purely coincidence and apart from a couple of years my Years In Beers Totals are all remarkably similar.

2019 - 1034 beer reviews
2018 - 1038 beer reviews

2019 - 438 breweries
2018 - 373 breweries

2019 - Places reviewed 117
2018 - Places reviewed 102

1 Like

If you navigate to the old place page you can still check-in :wink:

1 Like

Screenshot_2020-01-02 My 2019 in Beer rhoihessegold

Less beers in total than 2018 (1779) and a way better average (up from 3.29). Happy with this!

1 Like