My Year in Beer 2022

Unsurprisingly mostly local beer in my top set as local probably makes up 90% of what I drink these days.

6 Likes

Good year. I am surprised at the number of breweries that had opened that year.

7 Likes

If you make it, let @solidfunk @nimbleprop and me know, we can try to put something small together or meet up someplace around town.

1 Like

Will do … a few of us, myself included, met up with @nimbleprop for some after works beers in London on a Friday … gonna guess the year before lockdown, could have been the summer before.

First year reaching 1K. Happy 2023 everyone!

Cheers,
Alex.

10 Likes

That’s right. Nice crawl that day. We’re around, just give us the dates and we’ll hook something up.

2 Likes

Definitely! We could try to do a tasting, or at least bomb the taplist at Churchkey or something. Maybe @beastiefan2k will come up, and others are sometimes around as well.

3 Likes

I’ll be there as well for planning purposes. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I was including you in the 3 or 4 !

Passing through on the way to where?

Richmond VA for one night then to stay with @SHIG in the Newport News/Hampton area and also hit Norfolk. Then Philly seems the likely final stop for this trip.

1 Like

OK, here goes, better late than never… with some extra stats thrown in from my own records:

Beers rated: 146 (best since 2019 but still down about a third on pre-Covid levels).
Breweries ticked:129 (of which 70 were new to me).
Styles rated: 63
Average score given: 3.17
Where from?: My rates were from 20 different countries and 73 different regions.

TOP FIVE BEERS
Pleased there’s a cider & perry in there; slightly disappointed that so many are in “flavoured” categories (what’s happened to “real” beer?!):
Full Circle (UK) / Brew By Numbers Numberwang 4.2
Skyborry Dry (Bottle) 4.2
Fell Cuppa Rosie 4.1
Oliver’s Lemonade Perry 4
Phantom Fernando Raspberry Stout 4

TOP FIVE NEW PLACES
Rated 33 places this year; found some pretty good ones too:
Middle Farm Cider Centre (Firle, East Sussex) 4.7
New Union (Kendal, Cumbria) 4.4
Trembling Madness Drinks Shop (internet) 4.3
Fell Bar (Kendal, Cumbria) 4.3
Huis (Southsea, Hampshire) 4