New beer page test coming Tuesday, 20 March!

fucked up bro

I spy a &#039 character encoding issue in the brewery name there.

Thatā€™s disappointing to see happening on the new page. I just checked out the brewery page and see that all the beer names have a backtick instead of an apostrophe in ā€œBrandyā€™sā€, like itā€™s actually showing ā€œBrandy`sā€ to me. I suspect a programmer added them and accidentally used the wrong character? It might help if an admin edited all those to replace the backtick ` with an apostrophe ā€™

1 Like

I am getting the new pages, but clicking on beers from my friendsā€™ ratings sends me to a completely different beer ( using tve mobile version) AND I have to log in. Seriously screwed up.

1 Like

All good on my pages (nothing new to me so far): sleepy Shropshire wins!

<*))))))><

and now, after some login issues, Iā€™m back at the old beer page on my laptop and phone, but not on my tower.

Is the rollout per user or per client?

1 Like

@joet @services I donā€™t have the new page so canā€™t test myself but I can see from peopleā€™s screenshots youā€™ve got your URL rewrites the wrong way round on the new page. So if a user clicks to see their rating, or something elseā€™s rating directly, on a beer itā€™s loading their user ID from the URL instead of the beer ID which comes before it.

Weird bug to happen. 1. because itā€™s so obvious thatā€™s itā€™s strange you never noticed this happening and 2. the URLs are the exact same format as before so why were you messing with the URL rewrites? They work fine on the current (old) pages.

1 Like

Yep. And we didnā€™t see it in the testing environment because that was slightly different. The fix will very likely be rolled out same day.

per client

If being prompted to log-in, even though I already am, and then not being able to rate cause my password doesnā€™t take is due to this, gotta sayā€¦Iā€™m not a fan.

2 Likes

Having got over the initial shock of the new lay-out and rated a few beers hereā€™s my quick thoughts on likes/dislikesā€¦

Like: the new lay out - shocking to start with but really warming to it; the ā€˜my reviewā€™ bit expanding to show the scoring bars - nice touch; and the new quick rating which doesnā€™t just go 1/2/3/4/5.

Donā€™t like: where have the dates gone - both on the ā€˜my reviewā€™ and all reviews - dates better than ā€˜over 5 years agoā€™ and not even that against your own review; the use of Untappd style 5 dots especially as they only go up in 0.5 incremental value and donā€™t round up/down (2.95 shows as 2.5) canā€™t RB come up with some other way to show the score than copy this; no quick view of ā€˜my friendsā€™ to see whoā€™s rated it and their scores.

And the glitch: as mentioned elsewhere click through a beer on your ratings and you get to the beer that coincides with your user number. Iā€™m sure itā€™s only temporary and at least I now know my user number aligns to Defiant Mangus Pango Barleywine! Handy to know but hope that gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

Got my Jimi user pic loaded finally! yay

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really bold assumption for a site that has actively degraded itself over the past few months.

1 Like

so I just got kicked out again by my phone, and after a relogin Iā€™m back to the new beer page.

Thousands? Plural? Many thousands?

You have like 50 active forum posters and, what, maybe a thousand total active raters? I donā€™t think the people that stumble upon the website and find it difficult to use will be leaving feedback.

4 Likes

Troll is trollin!

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Love you, Joe.

Not quite as much as I enjoy reading the thousands of positive reviews coming through for all of the site changes. But I still love you.

4 Likes

There is no option to add search tags on the new beer page. It is not even possible to see a section for search tags if none of them have been added to the beer yet.

Iā€™ve got the new pages. Layout is pretty good. Like the slider but could do with a confirm button .

However if you go back to the activity page and click on any beercrated it takes you to a totally different page. Using Internet on my Android phone.

Can see what Iā€™ve rated.

Almost there!

Now that I can rate a beer I like the look of the new page, shame I have to go through the whole email thing when I add a picture to a new beer.

I will be interested to see how long adding a picture actually takes.

2 Likes

Whoa. You have to email the pic? I donā€™t like the sound of that.

1 Like