New beer page test coming Tuesday, 20 March!

You’re a bad boy.

1 Like

Thanks for the swift response, and yes it works.

Maybe Hardinger Pilsener is my spirt beer!!

1 Like

Mine is Defiant Mangus Pango Barleywine.

I need to find it!!

1 Like

Just wanted to point out (since he hasn’t done so himself yet) that joet fixed all the user profile pages today, both in terms of accented letters and diacritics and some minor CSS fixes too.

There are a number stats lists and also the “latest” page among others that he hasn’t got round to yet but I did include these when messaging him a big list of problem pages so he is aware of them, hopefully he’ll get to them soon. Looks like fixes are actually happening. This would be a truly momentous occasion if it weren’t for all the other issues currently being discussed in here too :smirk:

3 Likes

Minor update on the fixes today:
:white_check_mark:See All Reviews link should now work properly
:white_check_mark:Beer page should show the proper beer when URL includes the UserId at the end
:white_check_mark:Brewer links should now work when the brewer name contains umlauts
:white_check_mark:Cookies should be cleared properly on logout
:white_check_mark:Closing your browser should no longer log you out

Thanks for your patience and your feedback! :beer:

6 Likes

Would be cool if the mean average of a beer could be dispplayed again, not just the weighted average (that’s below 40 ratings of course).

1 Like

Works nice and fast now. :+1:

I’ve just gone to rate a beer, had to log in again and the beer doesn’t show in my ratings.

Beer is www.ratebeer.com/beer/cloudwater-small-beer-vic-secret-pale/575855/ but go to my beer ratings and it doesn’t appear

I’ve deleted and 'rated again and now it works. Very odd!

no, my location in my profile page still has garbage where the umlaut is supposed to be.

1 Like

München.
Yikes.

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be as simple as the above??

It’s called “mojibake”, and is caused by sending utf-8 data as if it was latin-1.

Only reported as a bug about, erm, a year ago, and two years ago, and five years ago, in different contexts.

These aren’t “fixes” you’re seeing, they’re simply accidents that you should be happy about.

3 Likes

On the German ratings page the timestamps of the ratings are in Spanish.

(And the glass descriptions in English.)

3 Likes

Think he’s talking about a pic upgrade.

Oh, I sent one in a few days ago. Tap handle vs a pic of a growler that just had the brewery logo on it.

The growler is still there. :frowning:

Seems like a lot of extra clicking for adding a rating. I mean, I could tick it but in order to do a full rating with numbers and everything I had to sign in (again) and then add.

On the plus side, seeing the proper glassware function actually works here, and it’s pretty seamless overall. Not stoked to have to do extra work to get a real rating in, but it looks mostly fine.

1 Like

I’m glad I have all you normies here to Beta test this for me so I don’t have to deal with any of the bugs.

7 Likes

He just likes you more.

1 Like