New beer page test coming Tuesday, 20 March!

Really can’t see any reason not to include City for the brewery when looking up a beer.

Edit: Also noticed that Brewed by is missing for beer that is brewed by another brewery. Only way to see it is to open the brewery beer list and scroll through all the beers.

4 Likes

The brewery country is missing too. I can’t see anything that is added by removing this information.

3 Likes

Things that need to come back ASAP to beer pages:
Real average score
City/Country
Brewed by/for
Ticked by
Tags
Our complete rating displayed with AATPO on the right already expanded

10 Likes

I’d much rather trade in estimated calories for City/Country, for example.

8 Likes

Yes, especially given that the calories are estimated based on abv and nothing else.

3 Likes

Who cares about the kcal anyway? Is Ratebeer a source for Weightwatcher program? An imperial stouts has more kcal than a alcohol free beer. Spoiler alert…

6 Likes

My wife does.

Who is even drinking a full beer on here? We are ticking monsters who are satisfied with 10ml pours :smiley: :wink:

1 Like

Dont start this discussion again! :hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

Does she rate on RB and only buys beer if RB says it’s below a certain kcal?

No but she uses them to count kCal when she drinks my beer. :slight_smile:

Whenever I mark text in my own review in the right column, the review collapses again. Goes the other way around as well: when I mark text in the collapsed preview, the column expands. Odd.

1 Like

Perhaps this is stop you cutting and pasting the review (although you can still do for your own if you press edit).

But it doesn’t. As long as you don’t release the mouse button, you can copy all you want.

I can’t find the button to edit beers on the new page. Am I missing something or is the page missing something?

As I have finally been “blessed” (read cursed) with the new beer page, I’m just going to echo soem of the comments made here.

1. Give us back the arithmetic mean for beers with < 40 ratings. Way way too many beers are in that range on here, especially for anyone who’s remotely a ticker. We need that info, the weighted average is uninformative at that rating number.

2. Return proper dates to the reviews. The rough time windows convey less information in the same amount of space.

3. Why does the glassware section take up so much space when you expand details? Honestly this is something that isn’t very useful to most users. I mean the bar gives you what they give you, if you’re out. Otherwise, you either know because you have lots of glasses at home or don’t care because you don’t have lots of glasses at home… That space can be used for useful information, or maybe moving the rating section inline with the rest of the info instead of being up in a sidebar.

Anyway, I’m sure this can be good with some tweaks but please try not to take away info that people really need :confused:

EDIT for more things: I also don’t like either the first few reviews or infinite scroll. As people mentioned before, we like to see the earliest reviews (pre-hype) sometimes. And clicking a review if it’s longer than 3 lines in order to see the full text smacks of trying to get us to write tiny little Untappd blurbs.

8 Likes

Does anyone know the answer to this? Currently unable to do any admin work unless I’m at work where the old pages still come up.

Are you seeing this?

Yes, but it only has ‘send corrections’, ‘add picture’ and ‘add barcodes’ as options in the drop down menu.

1 Like

Aye aye captain. You speaketh the truth.