New Beer Styles/Changes

Ypu can’t really see haze in black malt…

I just got to 300 IPAs - a considerable achievement for a lightweight like myself - but I will lose about 30% of them to the NEIPA style. But like Sisyphus I will plough on…

1 Like

He means we don’t have Imperial Black IPAs nor Session Black IPAs

1 Like

Some people like to align all the pens on their desk, and would like the styles to be organized in the same way, but a well done Black IPA is clearly distinct from an IPA or from another dark beer, while a stronger version is arguably fitting in the American Strong or Imperial Stout categories, and a session version (apparently as easy to find as a dodo) would basically be dirty water.

Also, skim milk is water that lies about being milk.

1 Like

Took a gander at my “Dortmunders”. Saw a lot of them/most were there completely randomly and without support to put them firmly there. Gave up.

1 Like

I presume that the Dortmunders/Helles style was just renamed Dortmunders. However the majority will surely be Helles so a short-sighted move IMO.

1 Like

What Gene said with bells on. More fiddling whilst Rome burns.

Mikkeller Weird Weather IIIPA at 13% is now a hazy NE IPA? Marvellous!

2 Likes

Hi,
The Joya is not really an hazy ipa, although the brewer calls it by that name.
The Alexander/Mikkeller, is certainly hazy but is dipa so not sure where that goes…
On another note, if you have any question about Israeli craft beer, or Israel in general, do not hesitate to ask.
Cheers
Tomer

I think the idea is that there will be Double/Imperial NEIPA… I am holding off on requesting any changes there until RB figures out to do with it.

no, it was split into two styles… -_-

1 Like

Done. Thanks for the heads up.

I mean, is Helles not new and the existing style just renamed as Dortmunders. I.e. currently loads of Helles are still down as Dortmunders.

as far as I can tell, the separation that was made was solely based upon whether the name of the beer contains the word “hell”… That gives a huge amount of false positives and also false negatives.

1 Like

“HELL”, that’s right… The separation of these styles is like a road to hell…:scream:

So will Brut IPA or Milkshake/Lacto IPA be added?
I personally don’t think there needs to be a double or session NE IPA.

1 Like

Tickers lament

Ahhh. Got it

Well we’ve discussed this a bunch before, about whether a beer should be rated against what they say it is or what we think it is

Agreed that Double NE IPA is going too far. No Double Black IPA. And of course, no Double Session IPA :laughing:

Totally disagree given that literally 100s of new Double NE IPAs come out each week. There are more Double NEIPAs that came out this month in NYC alone than there are Faro Lambics… why shouldn’t this be a style given that it is clearly demarcated and marketed as such.

2 Likes