New Beer Styles/Changes

I still hold a grudge from when white/wheat IPAs were coming out left and right but never become a style. I would venture to guess by now (although not as readily released) they have topped black IPAs in terms of numbers.

I know that didn’t answer your response well. I’m not even sure where I am going with this now.

3 Likes

My take is that we should have all the styles available, as long as they are really a thing, not a single brew somewhere using that name (except those that are literally the same like Helles and Dortmunder)…we put many styles in a melting pot anyway with tags afterwards…even if some styles don’t have tons of different beers, at least it seems better to have, for example, an Imperial Black IPA listed as an Imperial Black IPA and not a Black IPA…

the brewers writing “Hell” on a beer don’t claim it is a Helles. Not even writing “Helles” on a beer makes such a claim. That’s not how the German language works.

1 Like

Hell / Helles means “pale”. It’s like trying to split out APAs by taking the word “pale” as filter. Exactly like that.

1 Like

Is it going too far? The IPA style has been subdivided, why not the sibling styles? Doesn’t seem very consistent.

4 Likes

Exactly. Either split IPAs out into the relevant substyles or don’t. The current styles are just half-arsed.

3 Likes

*Hazy IPA
*DIPA
*Occupied Palestinian Territories

It’s almost as though RB and their admins should listen to people that speak languages other than English!

3 Likes

The admins are precisely those people who speak languages other than English. :wink:

3 Likes

And they are totally right!

1 Like

Once you’re done properly categorizing beer styles and everyone agrees, could you please have a look at music categories as well? There’s some work to be done there as well.

11 Likes

I’m personally into deep chicago style funky house. Not to be confused with Funky Chicago style house.

When’s dis getting done anyways?

3 Likes

remain indoors