New country on rb?

Hello! has ratebeer created new countries? I went from 99 to 100 WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING . North Macedonia??
Est ce que ratebeer a crée de nouveaux pays? Je suis passé de 99 à 100, sans rien faire.
La Macédoine du nord?

thank you for feedback.
Merci pour vos réponses

Fred

North Macedonia is the new name for Macedonia. They had been arguing about it with Greece for years. South Macedonia is a Greek province.

1 Like

An argument that was nothing more than a symbol of vanity and misplaced nationalism.

Macedonia will remain Macedonia to everyone who knew it as Macedonia, never was FYROM, never will be North Macedonia, other than officially.

North Bald Headed Man and South Bald Headed Man.

(Two bald headed men fighting over a comb.)

2 Likes

If he got North Macedonia now, he will probably have had Macedonia under the old name, so that wouldn’t explain why he went from 99 to 100 countries…

Triumph of diplomacy, the solution to the naming dispute. Everything is fucking hard. Matthew Nimetz did well.

Maybe one of the French external territories got credited with brewing a beer previously thought to be brewed in Metropolitan France?

Suggest it’s more likely a client brewer based on an island somewhere.

hELLO EXACTLY

MA QUESTION ETAIT DE SAVOIR SI UN NOUVEAU PAYS A ETE CREE… PEUT ETRE LA MACEDOINE DU NORD? JE TROUVE PAS DANS MA LISTE DE PAYS CELUI QUI POURRAIT ETRE NOUVEAU. JE SUIS EUROPEEN ET JE CONNAIS L HISTOIRE DE CETTE CONTREE CONTRE LA GRECE. MERCI

MY QUESTION WAS TO KNOW IF A NEW COUNTRY HAS BEEN CREATED … CAN BE NORTHERN MACEDONIA? I CANNOT FIND IN MY LIST OF COUNTRIES WHICH MAY BE NEW or a brewer with a new adress in a new counrtry. I had kosovo but not serbia… I AM EUROPEAN I KNOW THE HISTORY OF THIS COUNTRY AGAINST GREECE. THANK YOU

Ok, no need to shout now is there? Your question has already been answered:

No, Northern Macedonia was not “created” by RateBeer. RateBeer simply renamed “Macedonia” to “Northern Macedonia” after the country decided to change its name.

So if you drank and rated a beer from Macedonia, then that beer is now listed under Northern Macedonia.

It’s really not that complicated.

So no, Northern Macedonia isn’t your new beer country.

1 Like

…but then I guess if North Macedonia isn’t a new country, the OP (and probably others) would. still like to know if there is a new country that has been added, or if a brewery has moved from one country to another - both probably rare enough instances that someone should remember.

Sadly my own country totals haven’t increased.

1 Like

These are the newest countries, as far as I know (I’m sure @omhper would have posted here if any other new countries had been added) The OP has neither of them.

1 Like

Um… bet Easter Island beers have good heads…

(sorry, couldn’t resist)

2 Likes

Only Tristan da Cunha has bee added since that. It is possible that there has been some aliasing done to change to country of some beer, but cannot find a reason why @calisky gained a country.
Eithert way congrats to 100 @calisky! Salud!

3 Likes