New feed: first glimpse

Apostrophes are broken. Why am I not surprised?

1 Like

No. Still location not found.

Maybe it isn’t optimized for mobiles?

The dates are not always in the good order (most recent first). Please align the date on the right.

Brewers Invitation: I’m being noticed I,m not following many Breweries… 334 is not enough???

Unrated Place: asking to rate a place, not knowing if I visited the place at least once seems stupid…maybe a DO YOU KNOW THIS PLACE? with a link for the place, for places I didn’t rate so maybe you’ll make me want to discover the place, seems a much better option… but feels like ADS to me so meh…

FIXED For Place and Beer ratings, the date format is not standard with the rest (show it in longer format, remove the hours, since we might live in different time zones).

For Place ratings, after the date, I would either remove the “AND X MORE” notice or move it elsewhere.

For Beer Rating, rename “user logged X ratings” (it is for a single day?) to “User rated X Beers today”.

Favorite Brewer Newly Added Beer: put the brewer’s name in bold too (all the links are in bold in all other topics).

Please fix the width of the screen to something more standard…when I’m in full screen (see top pic), my column widths are less than when my screen are split in half because you force the “Following” block on the right… you are using 1/3 of my screen…

And the most important options, Add an sorting option to see only one kind of Feed (newly add beer, locally available, friend beer rating, unrated place, etc). Sorting options is something people wants in many pages and that are missing.

2 Likes

What is YOUR PROGRESS all about?

It’s to help people who are onboarding… I added a leveling system. I’d do better to explain the points system.

i just updated to make the breakpoint smaller but ipad’s (non pros) will still break in places where they might be offended. but is this better for you now? (You’ll have to find a way to refresh to get the new page, although I;ve added code that should make the browser refresh)

this is a strange one. you should be level 100. I wonder if there’s a sign in issue?

I just pushed some fixes live

Seems I jumped to Master Level rather quickly :slight_smile:

Still have the same width though…must zoom 150% to be a real full screen

I logged out and logged in. It didn’t help.

Zoomed at 150% (so the Header of the site is at fullscreen on my screen, which normally isn’t). Here’s what it looks.

So it appears I can ask browsers to refresh, but your browser can ignore me. hmm…

Mine still can’t find my location, clicked save on the profile and logged out and in. Looks promising though. Few things might need rewording as others have pointed out but it certainly looks like a big improvement (if it was actually about NZ rather than Taiwan).

2 Likes

Interesting. I checked the database and the correct geo point is there. Could you power reload the page? or are you on mobile?

that’s a good tactic.
that shouldn’t help though if your browser pulls the old page from cache, unfortunately.

i’m not sure even closing the browser would do the trick.

If you can’t hold ALT or SHIFT and click reload, the only way would be to try a new browser?

Also @Viper666.Qc the feed is not intended to be in chronological order by in order of what is most important to the person reading it. We will gather information from people when asking their preference and put the most important information first.

I did a force reload which I guess is what you’re suggesting? Didn’t change anything.

Used Safari, which I’ve never been on the site with before and still no change.

wow, truly bizarre. thanks for testing and the feedback. yes, I was suggesting force reload. is it still asking for your location?

I’ve updated the time formats (nice catch by the way 666!) on QA and will push to Live as soon as I’ve made some more fixes