New feed: first glimpse

Interesting. I checked the database and the correct geo point is there. Could you power reload the page? or are you on mobile?

that’s a good tactic.
that shouldn’t help though if your browser pulls the old page from cache, unfortunately.

i’m not sure even closing the browser would do the trick.

If you can’t hold ALT or SHIFT and click reload, the only way would be to try a new browser?

Also @Viper666.Qc the feed is not intended to be in chronological order by in order of what is most important to the person reading it. We will gather information from people when asking their preference and put the most important information first.

I did a force reload which I guess is what you’re suggesting? Didn’t change anything.

Used Safari, which I’ve never been on the site with before and still no change.

wow, truly bizarre. thanks for testing and the feedback. yes, I was suggesting force reload. is it still asking for your location?

I’ve updated the time formats (nice catch by the way 666!) on QA and will push to Live as soon as I’ve made some more fixes

Yes.

thanks for the reality check. found it! fixed

Dang, that seemed to work. TY!

I also have this problem.

1 Like

Just click Save!

A beer spot from sept. 9 showing first on my feed on sept.15 isn’t something I’m particularly looking for…

I just hope this won’t replace Recent Activities, New Releases and My Local, I prefer all those things sorted up by date like on these pages. Losing those 3 things (1 of them, New Releases is still not working currently) would be a step-back, just like the new beer page layout was on its first release.

1 Like

Seems to be working for me after saving location & refreshing

Yep, could you explain this? Although I’m not sure I’m that interested in some arbitrary points system. I prefer the current colouring in maps/ style & region totals/ brewer totals/ multiple league tables on the site which allow me to choose which stats I’m aiming to boost. I hope this new number will be an addition to rather than replacement of the existing stats?

Mine is telling me that I have no friends😢

Edit: actually it says 'many friend’s but still quite insulting. :grinning:

Although a standard message stating ‘You have no friends’, would not get passed the well-being team at work (yes, that’s an actual job).

Also I am getting updates for places in London as well as Surrey (Mayfair and Pimlico). How far a radius does it cover.

It’s working for me now.

But… I would suggest that you stop the system from recommending that I review places that are out of business.

3 Likes

Yeah, it recommended a Sanford’s that closed years ago. I was the one that submitted the edit.

Just had another look. I’m being recommended places that are actually near me now so it looks like that’s been fixed? So far none of the places are ones I’ve actually been to, though I guess it’s basically impossible for you to know this unless we’ve checked in there and not rated. Maybe asking us if we want to visit it? We should be able to hide any recommendations we don’t care about though, and conversely, add ones we do care about to a list of some sort?

I still HATE the fact the feed is not in chronological order, by all means slot in place suggestions wherever, but don’t mess with the date order of everything else, it makes no sense. My friends’ beer ratings, place ratings, beers/places added should all be chronological and work how they do in the current Latest Activity page.

And please make the feed wider, as I said in my previous post it’s far too narrow on desktop which is what I am mostly using for RB.

Yes please can you explain a bit about the new onboarding and leveling process for users? Like @Viper666.Qc I am a MASTER at level 100 with 40367 experience points. Is there actually going to be 100 levels (maybe a bit excessive?). How will users level up? What things give us xp? I assume ratings for one, but how many points per thing we do? I’m really curious how this will work. 40k points for my 2.6k ratings and handful of place ratings is a crazy number.

3 Likes

I got 7 points for rating the closed Sanford’s.

It asks for State (US only) twice only the second time you can choose between Male or Female. @joet

1 Like

There are two drop down menus to choose favorite beer style and country, but no header for them. @joet

1 Like