New Hofbrauhaus: Which Beers to Add and Rate?

A new Hofbrauhaus has just opened near St. Louis. Most of you know this is a chain brew pub. Best memory is that they brew some beers in house and some at other locations, but they are all the same recipe. My question is what beers can be added for the site? Thanks.

1 Like

Afaik and how it’s done with the german brew chain Johann Albrecht: Every beer which is brewed at the location itself is added, even if the recipe is the same.

1 Like

This is the exact opposite of how it’s typically done for American breweries with multiple locations. It’s certainly not how the Mikkeller San Diego location is treated – any beer advertised under the same name as an existing Mikkeller beer is aliased to the original Danish Mikkeller beer, even if the recipe and ABV vary.

3 Likes

Which is the better way I guess. I don’t see why we have 4 entries for the same Johann Albrecht beers when they are just brewed 200 km more east. Not sure about the actual rules, I just know how it’s done with those beers, one of the rare chains here.

1 Like

My thinking is that Koelschtrinker is correct but I was uncertain enough to ask here. There are several listings at RateBeer for almost all of their styles and the listings are by the city location. But that does not make it clear whether the additions are only beers brewed at the site named.

1 Like

I think the real answer is that these kind of things are just treated differently depending on the local admin team.

2 Likes

Bud Light is brewed in many places but is always treated as a St Louis beer.

1 Like

I have been to multiple locations in the US and talked with multiple managers. All beers are brewed on premises based on the conversations I have had. The non seasonal beer recipes are identical at all US locations and have left feedback for this multiple times with no change to the current format of listing each beer at each locations as a different beer (even though they are not), so start adding new beers and get your rates.

Or lack thereof.

1 Like

It does seem pretty ridiculous that different admins do different things. I.e. all those pale lagers which should be aliased but then people would lose country ticks.