New Place Type: Beer Shop with Bar

In rare cases there are two Places entered (I think Mikkeller in Copenhagen is a notable case); but in most instances that I remember the two activities share the same space (not just adjacent rooms) so I wouldn’t recommend duplicating them. Who knows…

I add both places if they have different names.

Excellent idea! When out for the day I often used to ignore bottle shops.

No, and no.

This does exist in various degrees in the U.S.

My old town Charlottesville has a rare concept, full service restaurant, full service craft beer bar, full sized bottle shop. I haven’t seen that anywhere else.

But MANY bottle shops have taps, even lots of grocery stores too. Lots of combo bars / bottle shops to varying degrees. Local state law weighs heavily on how those look.

That’s why I think it would be better in principle to allow multiple categories to be selected rather than try to have a separate distinct category for every possible combination.

Obvious feature request: make it actually useful.

Absolutely not just preferred but essential when the two facets have different opening hours, which I’ve seen in a few places.

Lots of this stuff going on in Switzerland as well.

One of the places even is officially a bottle shop during regular hours and officially a bar during evenings, with double the prices - even if you take the bottles away.

thats insane.

for the good part, during regular hours also drink-ins are the same price as take aways, and that’s half of the evening price.

1 Like