RateBeer Forums

New Rochefort Tripel?

A UK forum has been sharing this image today. Rumours on twitter that a new Rochefort tripel is ready to launch. Surprised I’ve not heard anything about this, and can’t find any other information online.

Any Belgians know anything about this? Must be one of the lowest strength tripels out there.

Interesting spelling of ‘tripel’ on the label…:thinking:

1 Like

Ouch. This may cause me to lose my status of joint top rated if this brewery…

A Belgian site has been reporting about this (the second article has a photo of one of the brewery’s employees holding the beer, if I am not mistaken):

1 Like

In French you spell it like ‘Triple’, Like you see on this old Chimay labels.

I can confirm this is no joke. The Belgian release is this Friday.

4 Likes

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/trappistes-rochefort-triple-extra/863099/325955/

2 Likes

So it has already been released. Nice. And the first check-in on UnTappd is by an ex-RateBeer guy :joy:

1 Like

https://www.matele.be/les-trappistes-de-rochefort-sortent-une-nouvelle-biere-une-blonde-la-triple-extra?fbclid=IwAR3UqC1awxfq9687Zm5bTiRLHbfa2BxZu3t_mY0QxjSU3RxRM5oP7QhWwBQ

So when will they hop on the barrel aged trappist bus?!

So when will they hop on the barrel aged trappist bus treadmill?!

Here we go… Rochefort Extra Hazy Smoothie Pastry Tripel

2 Likes

I wouldn’t expect Rochefort to follow some of their more commercially oriented peers, in launching barrel aged trappists and the likes. Isn’t La Trappe the only trappist brewery doing this at the moment?
They waited 100 years to relaunch their tripel so it’s definitely not a hype thing in their case :slight_smile:

No Chimay are doing it, and extremely well from what I’ve tried so far

1 Like

Spencer (American trappist) has even hazy ipa, so nothing would surprise me…

Yes indeed, that sounds logic in this part of Belgium : triple > tripel ; double > dubbel ; quadruple > quadrupel. I guess trappists are more terroir-friendly than geek-friendly. Only French craft brewers are able to do this :slight_smile:

@minutemat: True, how could I forget?

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service