New search function

Ah yes you’re right, my bad, I tested it on beers I haven’t rated yet so didn’t notice it. The weird thing about this that the mobile app seems to use a very similar search and does show your rating.

I use the web site on my phone rather than the app but the new search function doesn’t work at all. The best bet is to go to the front page, wait till it loads then use search from there. Dreading the new search overwriting the old in all areas. We do need to see whether we have rated a beer in the search results as we can in the old.
Currently this is another step backwards but hopefully the irritations can be fixed.

I too use the site on my phone and search is working fine and I can see if the beer has been rated… are all you people using thenPhoenix Search by going to that part of the site?

For the record, I don’t know who you are and wouldn’t consider you a “higher level” admin, so I wasn’t blaming you.

We’re worried about the Phoenix search (in its current state) replacing the regular search, since it lacks a very important feature.

No-one chooses to use the Phoenix search as long as we have both ways of searching, but I feel like very soon we won’t have both options available anymore.

New search seems to have some of that Google functionality where you type something wrong and you get a “Did you mean…?” result, so even if typing is not your best asset of if you have big fingers you can still find some results.
Some examples

Definitely a step on the right direction :+1:t2::+1:t2:

3 Likes

way to go @Christos!