New search

I had to log out and log in again in order to see if I have rated a beer with the new search (also resulting in my username to change), today I am searching for another beer and I have to log in again if I want to see if I have already rated that beer, wtf?
And on top of that I am getting an “Sorry something went wrong” error.

1 Like

And funny thing is if I go to ratebeer.com I am already logged in and with the right username.

It feels like there are three sites now. Perhaps that’s what it actually is. What a mess.

2 Likes

Yep, I’m getting the same thing.

I’m permanently logged in to RateBeer. When I do a search it seems I am not because that page has a Log In button and I can’t see which beers I’ve had in the search results. When I try to log in from the search page I get a “something went wrong” message. But when I go back to the main part of the site, or the forums, I’m still logged in. A mess indeed.

1 Like

@joet minor bug: if you log in from the search page the callback redirects you back to the wrong URL if you’d already performed a search.

Here’s how to reproduce:

1. Search for a beer, e.g. beavertown
  2. Click login
  3. After successfully logging in you get redirected back to
    https://www.ratebeer.com/search?beername=beavertown which returns an error
    the correct URL should be https://www.ratebeer.com/search?q=beavertown
1 Like

If you log out of the main site and then log in again the situation seems to correct itself.

Logging out and logging in seems to be a fix for a lot of things, which is not a proper way of how a site should work, imho.

1 Like

Searching for Nøgne Ø:
Beers - ok
Brewers - 0 results
Places - ok

Nice finally finding Nøgne Ø beers, but why can’t RateBeer find the brewery and the entire range of beers?

5 Likes

Can I not see what I’ve had or not in the search results? If not, that’s terrible.

You can of you log out and in again. Starts working.

Now it’s not handling ampersands properly (if it ever did). Everything including and after the ampersand is simply removed from the search. So, if I search for “Pig & Porter” it actually searches on “Pig”.

1 Like

I think everyone is overreacting. The beer search still works… it is different, but it still works. I think the issues will be fixed. Ratebeer still provides useful information unlike Untappd which just tells you what the beer looks like and who drank it. I think it is incumbent on the users to make this site better and to provide relevant feedback as well as make sure the correct and most beers are entered into the database.

3 Likes

I can’t be arsed anymore. I have nothing more to say about the Ratebeer site.

1 Like

Ampersands have been an issue on the site for some time, nothing new here.

1 Like

Don’t think they screwed up the search function (latterly at least) though.

Shame I have to log out and back in every time I restart my device. By which I mean that, although I stay logged in to the main site, I have to log out and back in to be logged in on the search page.

Takes longer to search currently, and then you have to click through to the beers page and then click to rate. Old search had a little box you could click on to go directly to the rating page.

1 Like

It’s getting really annoying, I use laptop, mobile and a tablet and I was logged out of everything.

4 Likes

I am in the process of moving my nearly 11,000 ratings over to Untappd and I must say the entire user interface is so much better than what we have here. I initiated this project as a form of backup, spurred on by fears that RB is on the decline toward extinction. I am now determined to complete this project so that I can carry on doing what I enjoy on a more user-friendly website.

People have said repeatedly that the only thing keeping them here is the community. I have already connected with a substantial number of RBers on UT, so that’s not an issue for me. I’ll miss the stats here, but that’s all.

7 Likes