New search

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/drinkforpeace-pivo-kalt-gehopftes-pils/552216/
Name: drinkforpeace. Label: drink for peace. Search finds nothing if you search with spaces. Stupid.

2 Likes

The Lingonberries issue should be fixed now.

What about the non-English letter issue?

1 Like

This fix is scheduled for Q2 2020.

5 Likes

I’m glad the Lingonberries issue is fixed.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was losing sleep over that one.

2 Likes

So, just to get things straight. Ratebeer is fucked, right?

5 Likes

… but RateLingonberries is up and running.

5 Likes

Why is the constant logging-out still not fixed? The search is very user unfriendly right now, does ratebeer want to scare away even more people?

5 Likes

I can hear you

1 Like

They want this to stay on topic, Toast.

1 Like

Think with all the time to remove my posts they would actually fix the issues. Keeping my trolling down is priority #1 for services. #2 is making the site usable.

The people who work on site/app enhancements and bug fixes are not the same people who moderate the forums. And in fact, with the new forums, a lot of the policing is effectively done by non-admins, by fellow users who flag posts (for being spam, off-topic, offensive, etc.)…a forum admin merely looks at flagged posts and makes the decision to delete or not.

4 Likes

Keep on truckin’. I’ve said what I needed to and had it removed as being off-topic. I guess they like criticisms so long as you sugar-coat them first.

Has anyone mentioned how we have to re-login every time we search a beer? I think this should be fixed.

1 Like

I think many people reported this

2 Likes

I used to give a fuck about the strength of the RateBeer database. Well, that glue is no longer strong enough to hold me to this site. The execution of these changes is a fucking joke. I’m out of patience, and unless things turn around in the time it takes for me to copy my ratings into UnTappd (roughly 10 months I reckon), I’ll be gone after nearly fourteen years. I’m pretty sad that this is happening, but the user-friendliness of UnTappd cannot be ignored. Ratebeer seems to be dying, even while its newly recruited “saviours” are reportedly hard at work.

5 Likes

Please make sure to stay in touch. We have GOT to get together next time you head to Indy. And yeah, I agree with everything you said, and will probably wind down my days here after I hit 10K (although I’m not active much on here anymore anyway).

1 Like

I’ve transferred my stuff over already myself, preparing for the inevitable.

3 Likes

I’m back to using excel lists. Can’t stand uncrapped so that’s no alternative for me.

1 Like