New styles whining and bitching (grouping of posts from different New styles topics) Some out of sync

Absolutely not. The fact that 75% of the website pages still have a design dating from the AltaVista era with new things (new pages, new styles) always released Live in alpha/beta states sure is why the site is considered a dinosaur…that’s pure evidence…but that doesn’t mean we should not follow tendencies and new things…

well, I think, it’s not me, who should be a bit more open to the community (please note that the real community is not the people using the forum of rb…)…but I think you are very far to see my point…

I literally pointed to several other online communities AND real life examples, again, it’s you who keeps going on specifically about RB.

tendencies defined by whom?

As far as I know, Untappd is way more popular out there and they even have an even larger styles database and I don’t hear about any outrage about styles…

By people who brew those beers…what is the problem if thousands of brewers decided 2-3 years ago that Milkshake IPA would be a thing…so it’s a thing…why not?

Are you still angered that people call hop-centered beers IPAs even if the beer aren’t British beers that were more hopped for colonial destination such as India?

So stop talking for them or what they may be thinking, you are one of us :stuck_out_tongue: Accept it, there’s no turning back

thousands of brewers? really? then why the hell I can’t see thousands of beers in each and every new styles defined? please don’t be ridiculous!

Because we barely started (devs / admins) to move beers from old styles to new styles…

“So stop talking for them or what they may be thinking, you are one of us :stuck_out_tongue: Accept it, there’s no turning back”
no, I’m definitely not one of you. I’m only a man who likes beers. no one else. you should also try to think like this

and who decided about new styles? why those are better than the old ones?

Dude first there were beers and then came the styles. So if someone wants to brew imperial black gueuze so be it. That’s what beer is all about, and not brewing inside x predefined styles.

well, in my personal opinion, it has no sense at all to have more than 90 beer styles from practical point of view…those who enjoy further split styles should consider to find rather a girl/boy (based on their preference) because they tend to loose their connection with the real world…guys, you are creating something which has no added value at all while you are ruining the majority’s anchor-points! could you please just consider stopping this!!!

5 Likes

joet, is it really something that you are proud of? because in my opinion, it is a nonsense idiotism to create further styles for the vast majority of the beer consumer; please do NOT lose the connection with the majority! at least please allow us to use the conventional beer styles instead of the new ones!

4 Likes

How is it losing connection with the majority? This is exactly what the majority wants. Beer is always evolving. It would be incredibly foolish and naive of RB to ignore this.

6 Likes

how many of the registered users requested this change? ‘people’ you are refering to is for sure a minority of users of rb…and even rb users represent a minority of beer lovers - so if you do like the canges it does not mean that the majority like it - please just estimate the percentage of those who requested this nonsense among rb users and make your conclusion after this

You obviously don’t read the forums much mate.

4 Likes

majority of what? I im in the top 1% of rb users based on the number of my ratings and still I don’t see any advantage of the changes. if rb is a click of a small group then it’s ok, but please do NOT think that the majority wants 100+ styles - for mot of the people who like beers even 50+ styles are too many

1 Like

again: how many people from the registered rb users?

by the way, majority of rb users (inlcuding me so far) do not use rb forum at all! so please be cautious drawing any conclusion based on the requests raised - because it is not necessarily the need of the majority

Sorry but if you care so much about the site then it’s your own fault for not using the forum to voice your opinions. If you stay silent and don’t provide any feedback then what exactly do you expect?

7 Likes

I’ m using rb to evalute beers - I do not need rb for my social interactions…isn’t it a beer site? is it a social home page like facebook? becuase for me, it is much more important that there are periods when rb just simply does not operate and I cannot record my ratings (like today) than its social features