ONLINE App Design: Draft Reviews (Offline functionality)

No, I mean start rating on a beer that is in the database. But not upload it, and leave it offline for later upload?

YEah you have TWO options. Goto online type in the name take notes and leave it as is ,
Or you can even Search for the name, attach it to the correct beer. But not upload.
(ive done this at moment for testing purposes as i want to have a fair number of off line rates lying around to see how messy it get to work with but i wanted to attach to correct beer while i knew i had all the info)

2 Likes

Ok Day 2 of use, all still holding up well, Can safely say thats ive moved across, Think theres things that would make my app use slicker. But it now offers the MAIN thing i need, and is working pretty slickly.

Might need an “offline rating” button on beer pages in the app. Also an “offline rating” button under the “Add Beer” rating as well for the functionality to make sense. Also, the ability to add the serving type and the location is missing.

Otherwise, works very much fine so far!

1 Like

Offline ratings works as promissed, but the button (heart) for adding beer to My favorites dissappeared

1 Like

ohh and the i spotted this has gone as well

Ok little more feedback

I got stuck in a loop where EVERY offline rating said it was overwriting though there was nothing to overwrite

Also a Usecase maybe not considered. Is as i dont know if beer is going to exixts i only want to look up once. So i tend to Start as off line rating enter the name then hit attach, before i even say anything (not at festivalss where i dont have time but in bars) Now if i have had it and ive not written anythign it would be nice if it loaded current rate if i attache to a beer with info, and offer choice of overwrite or choose original (appreciate merge would be very trikcy)

Have tried to test out the offline and live ratings on the new app. The beer I searched for and uploaded after rating doesn’t seem to have actually saved. The 2 offline ratings I had stored were deleted after adding a new one this morning. So far, not great, and I have to try and remember how I scored everything.