"Overrated!" - Which highly regarded brews are not to your liking?

No hair in the can? :thinking:

2 Likes

Well this became a miserable raters competition soon enough. The topic should be renamed accordingly.

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with a little stat comparison

3 Likes

BB Speedway -0.83
Superstition Blue Berry White -0.68
Dark Lord -0.47
Exp Stout -0.47
Heady Topper -0.64
St. Bernardus Abt -0.44

Not too many extreme differences, but in general I dislike soy sauce more than the average I guess.

1 Like

Brewdog Hazy Jane

Ditto on the Wakefield as well. Basically anything Wakefield does other than fruit juice, which is pretty good for malted fruit juice.

2 Likes

And to be honest, none of those Florida brewers can make a decent IPA.

2 Likes

A think if he made a solid Berliner or Gose without loading them with fruit or lactose, he would prove himself more to me. You can’t hype yourself when you mask the shit out of everything you make with fruit and baking spices.

2 Likes

I still drink the shit out of it, but it isn’t quite beer after a while.

1 Like

Yes, Wakefield isn’t exactly topping my charts.
I’ve only had two beers from them, which an average score from the site of 3.78. My average is 1.10, so -2.68 overall for that brewer.

In fact with an average of 1.10 it is comparing to my worst ever rated brewers:

Türk Tuborg Turkey - 1.14
China Resources Snow Breweries (CR Beer) China -1.12
Grupo Modelo - Corona Mexico - 1.05
Beijing Beer Asahi (Asahi Breweries Group) China - 1.04
Miller Brewing Company (MillerCoors) Wisconsin - 0.97

Though not appearing there, as I only had two beers from Wakefield. Probably never will appear too, as I payed roughly 100 times more per centiliter for Wakefield’s beers compared to some of the above, making further ratings of Wakefield highly unlikely…

3 Likes

I notice that both your JW’s, Brush and One Trick Pony, are Omnipollocks collabs. Does anyone know if they are representative of JW’s output, or heavily influenced by those Swedish masters of non-beer?

Well, I’ve only had one from them, a collab with Horus, the Boss Tycoon, and this beer contains honey, macadamia nuts, coconut, vanilla, cocoa nibs, coffee, and marshmallows. Thus the blame is not entirely on Omnipollo. Unless he donated a recipe to Wakefield without needing credits…

Jeremy so no smoked (you forgot smoked) neipa that was barrel aged in rum with “lacto” for you? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

JW does a fair bit of pastry stouts themselves.

1 Like

Their non-collabs are adjunct heavy too.

Gonna probably become very unpopular here, but I’m honestly so sick of this type of thread…

Is there really a reason we need a thread every couple months that shits on beers that added so much to the craft beer industry? I’m sorry those that never tried Hopslam or Pliny the Elder or Dark Lord or any other beer that paved the way for the better beers that followed them before 2018 don’t understand their contribution to the rest of the beer you love.

I feel the same way about this thread on this site as I do about the shit on SNPA or DFH 60 threads that I’m sure exist on other beer sites I don’t read or respect as I do this one, but I just expect more from you all. Maybe that’s my mistake.

3 Likes

Preach on brother. I’m with you.

Yes. Yes, there is.

3 Likes

Well said that man.

I was not aware that there were that many other threads like this one.
I want to correct you on one thing: my intention here was not opening a thread to shit on anything. Not your lawn, not a beer, not on a brewer, but to actually discuss things, and hear why people dislike something. The headline might have been a bit too placative, that I can absolutely agree with. If others just want to compare stats, okay. And some people have strong feelings. Thats alright. If you disagree with them, please do! But don’t misrepresent my intentions for a chance to rant.

1 Like