PLACES: Issues Reporting - Please Post Here for modifications

@daniele @fiulijn @ippopotamo36 itd. what do you guys think? heard anything about this?

Got a reply from Alberto - apart from a partial change in ownership and the name change everything is supposed to pretty much stay the same allegedly, so a rename is warranted in this case.

1 Like

Cleared out the ones above as well… great. I go on vacation and reduce my visits here and 0 admins look at this in the meantime.

4 Likes

Looked like it worked. Nothing happened :rofl:

I wonder how many active admins still do admin work here…maybe it’s better not to know it after all hehe

Marko this shows up in Georgia, US. This place seems to be in Guatemala. @marko

https://www.ratebeer.com/p/toko-baru/66835/

Fixed.

1 Like

This place doesn’t seem to have a proper street address, but the location on Google Maps is correct (57.810555, 27.440324)

1 Like

Gotcha!

Edit: Now that’s some quality middle of nowhere. :smiley:

1 Like

This place still has an unnecessary “- the bar” in the name. Their shop closed a year ago.

1 Like

Fixed.

1 Like

That was outrageously fast. Can you do my laundry while you’re at it? :joy:

Free trial over, for payment info please consult the manual. :grin:

For a small fee I can reveal the secret of how people can edit Places themselves.

1 Like

Stupid question probably, but how can you alter the map position? I created a place in All Stretton, Shropshire and the map pin is a couple of miles off - doubtless I fucked it up, but don’t know how to fix it, lol! (I ain’t paying no fee, BA Baracus stylee)

Those who can edit places should be able to add coordinates to them. If you can but don’t see the coordinates, well damn, must be admin-only then. Dunno. I’ll fix it for you now.

Happy birthday! :smiley:

1 Like

You probably didn’t. The site currently have some geolocation problems from time to time when it automatically generates coordinates…

2 Likes

I have added recently added Wirsthaus Tannengarten to Munich Places.

Ratebeer has added it to Munich, however for some strange reason it has placed it quite central near Marianplatz, whereas it should be 3km south west of there and close’ish’ to Implestrasse U-Bahn. I have checked the address details that I added and all appears to be correct.

https://www.ratebeer.com/p/wirtshaus-tannengarten/93132/

1 Like

That’s because of the „ß“. Ratebeer doesn’t understand this sign and then places the place in the city center.

Corrected it now.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like