Please Post Request/Bugs in separate threads in the Feedback Forum

I wanted to see when I rated a beer. Obviously I can’t do that anymore. Site has turned to shit.

5 Likes

They have plan. But as history shows fixing is not part of the plan.

1 Like

I think I’m throwing in the towel. 9.5 years and 11,600+ ratings, certainly not an easy decision to make, and it saddens me greatly. Because of RB, I’ve meet great people and learned a lot about beer, and I’ll always be grateful to this site and it’s people. But going forward, it does not best support what I want for this hobby / interest, and I am no longer convinced that it’ll be better in the future. This sucks (even more than the prospect of transferring all these ratings to another database).

1 Like

Capturing the issue in a nutshell - on Thursday I went to a beer event. Out of the first 6 I tried, only 3 were in the RB database. 3. All 6 were in UT, and all had been rated a bunch already. One of the other ones had been rated 50 times in RB, and … 15,000 times in UT (and 11,000 of those unique). That’s 220:1 on unique ratings. Still think there isn’t a problem?

This is really a damn shame.

1 Like

Sorry, but wtf does “unique” mean?

It means 50 people rated the beer here and 11.000 on Untappd.

Cool. Be willing to bet the 50 RB rates give more unique info than the 11K “rates” on the UT. Oh well.

3 Likes

At 50 rates, you may very well be right. But this was meant to be illustrative of the discrepancy in the user base. It is extremely common these days for me to look up new beers I see and either see a handful of ratings, or no entry at all in RB. That provides very limited info, or no info whatsoever. Sites like this are based around crowd-sourced data, and without the crowd…

The problem is, many beers don’t even get in the database because of the limited RB rates…and to make it worse, those limited rates prevents new beers / brewers to have a good score on the site (because of the weighted average). UT having a ton of ratings on a beer doesn’t get you a lot of useful information on the beer (the main reason why RB reviews should still be important) but the overall score based on that huge number of rates normally give you a good idea if the beer is really a must or not and having a big community provides an up-to-date database (which, with admin verification, should normally be better on RB)

2 Likes

@services

Brewdog Interstate had 5 ratings going back a couple of days when I took this shot.

Why does it say 0 ratings???

1 Like

I don’t pay that much attention or importance to the huge number differential.(other than occasionally listing the numbers ratings for beers amongst the 3 beer sites I belong to). If I did, I would have to consider both RB and BA dead in the water.

BA is thriving and RB could too if it had people behind the scenes correcting bugs that, imho, they created.

Or is it their agenda to get rid of all the “oldtimers” and start with a clean slate?

were they maybe ticks made on the app?

No.

Searching on beers is faulty. A search on the website using the search glass works better, though it shouldn’t. Shrugs.

Search glass is new, shiny toy. Hence infinitely improved over the old, grimy toy.

2 Likes

These threads are so hard to navigate I can’t be bothered if thse 2 issues have been covered:

1. Where did the “X is drinking Y” feature go?

2. When I try to delete my own rating (wanted to keep my Franconian beer tour in order) I get this
    https://imgur.com/a/ssju3V0

1 Like

So in addition to the recent high numbers of network fail massages, im now getting beers with nonworking faded out “Write full reveiw” buttons.

that’s because this is unrateable. It’s port blended with mead.

1 Like

Working as intended then.
Thanks

@services I’d like to copy parts of ratings… e.g. if someone writes “Bottle from blabla store” I just copy this and search for it. But now I can’t mark something, while doing this the rating expands and the marked part disappears.

2 Likes