Please Post Request/Bugs in separate threads in the Feedback Forum

I have noticed some new features the past couple of days: distribution info shows different on the beer page, there is a distance when you search for places (I assume from your home zip code).

But other things that we loyal users have been asking to be fixed for months are still not addressed. So I ask you @services, are you going to add a second story to your house when your foundation is broken and can’t support it? Because that is what has been going on here.

2 Likes

I once again find that I have ticks listed after viewing a beer, despite, again, never getting anywhere close to the slider.

@services I really want to know if you’re logging these as ratings without counting the deletions.

Well, they have to boost ratings numbers somehow…

( :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

You’d think @services was trying to diffuse a bomb with how long it’s taking for them to fix these bugs. Holy shit. And I’m replying to @drake because that’s the only way I can post on a forum anymore.

Holy shit this has been this way for months. Do you have better things to do, @services? I’m no programmer but I’d bet money this is a five minute fix.

1 Like

I don’t often post these days but the site has become so clunky and hard work, I’m getting phantom ratings on my iphone, having to log on all the time, what is going on?! Ratbeeer used to be great but it has become an old mans site. I still find the place useful but it is becoming hard work and tempetd to jump over to Untappd where the modern beer drinkers go. Sort it out for heavens sake!

4 Likes

I suggest you to use the Favorites feature as beer cellar.

Guess it’s random.

Hmm for once I’ve been lucky I guess. I don’t have any of these problems: being logged out, unable to post in forums, network errors (had some but the rating had come through anyway). So there’s not been new issues for me personally, but yeah still none of the problems listed months ago are addressed. And, also very annoying, IF that has to take this long, please inform us why!!! Who doe I have to tag to get any sort of answer to this question? @joet @services ? Maybe @blipp knows :wink:

1 Like

Pretty sure this has been brought up a few times on the forums. This forum software is an out of the box package, so if it is a five minute fix it’s not one anybody here can make.

1 Like

As far as I know, the site is built by a UI dev using a Framework called React. It’s a very easy fix.

And if not React, then there is really no excuse as sites like Google Pages or packages like Wordpress have fixes readily available.

The more likely explanation is an overworked Junior level developer.

Absolute bollocks. They have the source, as long as they can manage simple branch control, they can modify it at will. There’s of course the risk that they can’t manage simple branch control.

3 Likes

Is it to early to vote this ‘threat of the year’ ?

2 Likes

It is not random - happens to me all the time - it is impossible to enter ratings

MAJOR ISSUE - fix immediately

1 Like

Logging out and in again resolved the Network Error issues I had.

Seems it is dependent on the machine too, the site worked fine on my phone but not on my desktop computer.

Don’t know if it has been raised but when I try to delete a rating, I get taken to a page that says ‘Unauthorized’. I’m doing it by going to a beer page, then edit (my rating) then delete. Ideally I’d like to delete all my ratings in bulk but if I need to do it one by one then so be it. Either way, you need to give us an option to remove our ratings please.

1 Like

Wait - more people are deleting their contributions to this site? Like “I made a huge mistake, I’ll delete all my ratings” or “I made a huge mistake, I rated the wrong beers”?

It would seem so. Sometimes people get grumpy enough that they’re willing to incur significant costs (time in this case) to disassociate themselves (or even their pseudonym) from something that they’re no longer keen on. It is essentially the flipside of loyalty.

As per the user agreement, of course, they are in no position to insist.

I wouldn’t say ‘huge mistake’ or ‘grumpy’ but I’d just rather my contributions to this database were removed. I’m not happy with the things I said about the beers that I rated so I’d like them removed. I don’t think that’s unreasonable. I think it would be more unreasonable to deny me the option of deleting what I wrote.

3 Likes

Okay, I didn’t think of that option. One could argue it’s analogous to me deleting everything I posted to Facebook before 2016. And I too cringe while reading old ratings.