Points Leader Board Scotland

1. Wow.

There are four breweries (+1 closed one) listed in Ayrshire - the bottom three have five listed beers between them. It looks like even three might be a significant challenge for meā€¦

2 Likes

All 5 of my Ayrshire ratings are from Ayr Brewery, they tend to get round Beer Festivals, when they happen that is.

1 Like

Thanks to Fat Phil and his Top Raters stats, I can now answer my own question

Top 50 cutoffs for Scottish regions are as follows

Ayrshire 3
Borders 32
Central Scotland 66
Dumfries & Galloway 5
Dunb / Argyll / Bute 30
Fife 9
Glasgow 21
Grampian 223
Highlands / Western Isles 39
Lanarkshire 7
Lothian 96
Orkney 19
Renfrewshire 6
Shetland 4
Tayside 14

Full details here

http://fatphil.org/beer/stats/Scotland_breakdown.html

2 Likes

Come on Glen Grampian is so much more than BrewDog. There is me for example.

3 Likes

I do enjoy Fierce beers, they keep me ticking over. There are people that chase every Brewdog beer going and I canā€™t compete with that.

2 Likes

I was ā€˜Best Manā€™ at a wedding in Ayrshire a few years ago, Stag Do was up there too, I think thatā€™s where my rates come from. I did go to the CAMRA Scottish beer festival once as well, so they may have come from there?

<*))))))><

1 Like

I lived in Morayshire for three years, loved it (1985-1988).

However I did miss street lights, roundabouts and shops.

<*))))))><

I canā€™t remember ever seeing them in the almost 8 years Iā€™ve been on RB. I could make a joke about Ayring my grievances but I wonā€™tā€¦

In my sillier moments I wonder if, for RB purposes, BrewDog should be its own region?

2 Likes

Always joked about Bermondsey being one too !

1 Like

Not too bad for a Norwegian to be #45 (or was it 43?) - not to mention Rune as #25. Scotland is only a little more than 1 hourā€™s flight away for me, but this lockdown and travel prohibition is slowly getting on my nerves. Canā€™t go anywhere - so Iā€™ll just have to pick up the Scottish stuff I can get from the stores here.

2 Likes

Are you sure you didnā€™t live in Moray 1885 - 1888?

2 Likes

Could have been I suppose @Scopey, nearest street lights were in Aberdeen and the A9 went through every village and hamlet from Falkirk to Inverness, took the stagecoach two days to reach Forres where I lived.

ā€œWhoā€™s You Doā€™s?ā€ (thatā€™s ā€œHow are your Pigeons?ā€ in Morayshire speak).

<*))))))><

2 Likes

We actually say foos yer doos in the Grampian region.

I just spelt it incorrectly then!

Fit Ma Loon?

<*))))))><

1 Like

@Mr_Pink_152 .

I demand a recount.

Has anything changed since your initial post; we need to know!

Reason being the next Tuesday (tomorrow) Stat Attack is Scotland.

<*))))))><

1 Like

have i been deposed . Ive not been drinking as much new of late

1 Like

I doubt anyone cares ā€¦ apart from you !

2 Likes

Nice to see.i just snuck in, need to check all my regional stats for reminiscing purposesā€¦

1 Like