Question about Mikkeller SD Windy Hill

Does anyone know which type/s of hops that was used in this edition of Windy Hill?

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/mikkeller-san-diego-windy-hill/510891/

The one I’ve just bought is dated 17291 which is October 18th and is made with simcoe and cascade. So is this a new entry or is it the same as in the link?

Cheers.

2 Likes

There is never any differentiation either on the cans or at the tap room. The description at the brewery tasting room just says “IPA with Rotating Hops.”

So while the recipe is technically changing slightly from batch to batch, all ratings should be under just the generic entry since there is no way to tell which batch you’re having.

1 Like

Mine is dated 17291 which is October 18th and is made with simcoe and cascade - according to the brewery.

But fair enough if they’re all the same entry.

1 Like

How did you find that out?

I wrote an email to the brewery and asked them. They were very friendly to answer me.

1 Like

They are using Julian dating on the bottom of the cans. 17291. 17 is the year and 291 is the day of the year.

2 Likes

Got it. Cool of them to respond, but obviously we can’t expect everyone that drinks this beer to email the brewer to figure out which batch they have.

My understanding of the general rule here is that if the brewer makes the hop differences obvious and easily distinguishable from batch to batch, then the batch can be separate, otherwise they should all go under one entry. In this case I think we obviously have the latter situation.

It looks like someone added a specific hop version a while back – I sent a correction to have it merged.

1 Like

Ok to understand this the right way, the one I got is also the same entry as the original?

I fully understand that if people can’t tell a difference on the label it has to go under the same entry.

1 Like

Correct.

2 Likes