Rare styles that deserve more hype

I wish I can see more of those in the future:

1. Rauchbier (Bamberg style);
  2. Ice Cider / Ice Perry;
  3. Altbier;
  4. Koelsch.
2 Likes

Their JahrgangsweiƟe is very good in opinion, the 2017 batch at least, havenā€™t had their regular one.

I feel like I see too many bad Kolsches.

4 Likes

This probably fits that description:

I admit I havenā€™t tried it but it sounds horrible.

2 Likes

Well, a good Kƶlsch would be an oxymoron.

2 Likes

I tend to disagree with you.

I suppose if I were located in Cologne I would get tired of them too.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha damn Im glad I didnā€™t see that. I buy stuff like that for mu non beer drinking wife then have a single sip to get my tick on. Ive been employing this strategy to get my radler tix up to 50

1 Like

Radler,s considered a style, really?

Sonofabitch

2 Likes

:rofl:

It better bloody well be. Im not a complete masochistā€¦ If there wasnt a propsect of tix involved then, dammnnn

1 Like

So, a fuckin beer blended with fruit juice or wtf ever is a style but NEIPA isnā€™t? Hmmmmm, fuvked up bros

1 Like

The Radler/Shandy style was created in order to get that shit out of the fruit beer category, rather than elevating its status.
The main difference being that in a fruit beer the fruit is expected to ferment together with the beer, in a radler the mix is done after the beer has fermented.

Some day there may be a NE IPA style.
But for the moment NE IPA is very well covered within the IPA style.

Back to topic, Fruit Wine is the new hype!

1 Like

Can we make Brut IPA a style now, while it is still getting started, instead of waiting around and never doing it? We could also do Milkshake IPA, as an IPA with lactose and fruit puree is a different, unfortunate creature.

Honestly I donā€™t think their are any styles that are that neglected. Porter, Brown Ale, Stout perhaps. Krystalweizen maybe, but everyone knows that isnā€™t a real style any more than Krystal IPA.

I donā€™t feel like brewers really agreed on what constituted a Sahti.

With all the adjunct rage maybe it is Winter Warmer time?

Mexican Lagers were niceā€¦maybe be can go all out Vienna now?

Maybe Old Ales are the next big thing.

1 Like