Rateable?

it’s useful knowing people like that !

2 Likes

Tbf, I’m that guy, my skint student days have never left me!

2 Likes

Hope it’s okay to bump this thread for my question instead of starting a new one. Why is the following non-alcoholic beer unrateable? It’s listed as verified, and the producer has other non-alcoholics which are able to be rated, so what’s the deal here? Is it just due to inactivity since the listing was created over four years ago and has no ratings?

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/delster-tropical/516700/

There is a policy against flavored NA beers on Ratebeer… I believe that beer is flavored, though I cannot say for certain.

Ah okay. That would be the reason then. Thanks!

Then again, if it’s teh only beer from a country like Saudi Arabia and it’s a flavoured NA beer, we seem to allow it. Or sometimes, anyway…

1 Like

Bumping this thread because my son found a Barbican Raspberry malt beverage at Pete’s Market: an NA flavored brew from Dubai. https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/barbican-raspberry/226286/
I see it is listed, but the “Write a Review” button is black and not accepting clicks. I see their non-flavored NA’s: “Special Edition,” “Premium Malt,” and “Amber Malt,” do accept ratings. So I’m presuming one of these is the base for all of their fruit flavored beverages.
Has someone got any guidance on this? I know other beverages like “Malto Goya” aren’t rateable, but this does seem like it should be considered the same as any other NA Beer.
**PS: **I see the comment above now that RB is not accepting flavored NA beers. Seems odd. How else are we going to get ratings from the UAE.

Start crowdfunding to send some monks there so they can set up an abbey and start brewing.

6 Likes

My understanding is that some of them are allowed because certain people want the country tick. I do too, and have a few of those Middle Eastern country ticks. But I’m not an admin, I’m just some f’kin guy.

3 Likes

You f’kin guy you! :rofl:

3 Likes

Not a f’kin guy, just a regular f’kin admin here.

Originally there was a rule that NA/LA beers with non-traditional flavouring added was not allowed, whereas non-flavoured ones were.
Then there has been an evolution of craft beer whereby craft brewers started producing flavoured NA beers that users added and expected to be rateable.
Therefore this happened. Hence, NA beers that actually contain malt are to be allowed, even if they are flavoured nowadays. For most part, noone has been a*sed to verify those gems, and update the DB accordingly.

3 Likes

Does this mean that NA Radlers are allowed nowadays?

1 Like

I don’t see why not. But again, i’m just some fking guy, :rofl:

There was admin discussion and my conclusion was that NA flavored is definitely rateable if it is ~50% fermented (hence i made most Estonian NA flavored rateable). Things that are not fermented are still not rateable in Estonia (doesn’t matter if flavored or not, for example this is the case with some kvass-like products that are just soft drinks and with some “NA flavored berliner weisses” and such)

1 Like