RateBeer Best Awards for the year 2019

Probably just try and be a healthier person. But until then let’s party

1 Like

Movement: Next Glass, the company behind untappd has announced it has acquired certain assets of BeerAdvocate, including the website (via twitter)

That actually looks quite good, but I don’t fully like the rating system with half stars.

1 Like

Agreed that Brewver isn’t a perfect fit but it’s better than most other things out there. If Ratebeer goes to heaven one day, I may rate beers on Untappd and places somewhere else (Brewver or BA).

On Brewver, isn’t there a way to instantly export all your RB ratings?

4 Likes

Yes, there is… I just transferred all my ratings, took me 2 minutes.

Yes there is. And place ratings from fatphil’s script.

Still need a lot work to get the db good but everyone can help out to make it go faster.

2 Likes

I guess the next question is how does one do that…

Help out or import things?

The rating system is what keeps/kept me from fully accepting it. Equal value put on appearance as on taste (as it was the last time I checked) is pure bullshit (and I do love the guys who run it and respect but as I blast RB LLC for bullshit, I’ll blast everyone for bullshit :smiley: ).

That’s not true. All values are rated on a scale from zero to ten but they are not weighed the same. You can try that by yourself if you enter a certain number of stars for appearance and then the same number of stars for flavour. The overall score will differ. For example, if you enter five stars for appearence the overall score will be 0.6, if you only enter five stars for flavour it will be 1.3, so about twice the score.

2 Likes

About Brewver…

What happens if you try and import a rating of a beer that isn’t in the Brewver database? I am one of the few active RB users where I am based and have also travelled to various countries that are “obscure” in terms of beer. As a result, here on RB I have many ratings where I am the sole rater.

2 Likes

I think it adds them - it seemed to for a number of Australian beers where I’m the sole rater.

2 Likes

That’s cool then. Didn’t seem to be like that when I got in, glad to see I was wrong.

1 Like

It adds the new beers. You see a summary of what’s been added after uploading your rates (e.g. known beers, new beers, new breweries etc)

2 Likes

Yeah, no mention of the Courage on the Eagle website. Too bad.:frowning:

Like said before, it gets added, with the same name as on RB.

It goes in as unverified and then an admin can add the missing information and/or merge with an already existing beer.

That said, there are a lot of beers in need of verification and not that many admins yet. But anyone can add information to a new entry, or volunteer to help out.

4 Likes

So what are you waiting for to update the main RB page with the new results?

Those 2 titles still appear on the main page:

Top brewers in 2018
Top new beers in 2018

You could also put a clear link to the awards from the main page instead of using that pop up bar on top that keeps popping up even if you Dismiss it…

@aww @services

2 Likes

168 days into 2020, and I am still learning what the:

whenever I look at the homepage

Congrats to Wylam Room 237, it’s run as best new beer may never end.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why they do no care AT ALL about the damn Homepage.

People discovering the website just find NOTHING of interest in there…

half the important links to website pages are missing and there’s no personal feed in there…

And the things that are there are totally outdated, which makes look like the website died in 2018 (well it sort of did that year anyway…)

@services

2 Likes