RateBeer Mobile 1.7 Release Today

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Today we’re releasing version 1.7 of the RateBeer app to you on both platforms. This update includes some often requested features:

• Added barcode scanning as an option for search so you can quickly find a beer using its barcode
  • Added the ability to associate a beer with a barcode

Additionally we resolved a number of bugs:

• Fixed an issue where the ‘Next’ and ‘Done’ buttons didn’t work on the fields on the login screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the app would crash when using Google Photos.
  • Added and updated missing or incorrect translation for international users

We appreciate the feedback and hope you will keep the requests for new features and improvements coming. To do so go to the Help screen (‘?’ on Home screen) and smash that Leave Feedback button. :beers:

Edit: Apple and Google are a bit slow publishing us today. :rage: We’ll update when we see the new versions on the stores.

Edit: Available now

Wyatt

10 Likes

Thanks, Wyatt!

3 Likes

w00t! Thanks Wyatt

2 Likes

Will be installing it now with barcode scanning added!

2 Likes

Thanks!, let us know what you think :smile_cat:

1 Like

Ok think im being an idiot . how do i kick in the barcode scanner
Still not found it :frowning:

SO just tried app again normally

at the Risk Boring @wyattm Struggle with the fact i need to score it before ive even tasted it. This slows me down and i dont always have time for little delays.

First thing i do with a beer is state where im having it and how it looks (in fact at festivals when we are sharing beers i often describe the beer before it even get to me)
So i cant possibly score the flavour etc at this point

Building on that . I really dont like that i can Score as i write, as i will often score aroma as i take aroma notes. then score the flavour as i take flavour notes.

Then finally once im done when i scroll down down to see other, i find that my rating is opening far too often when i dont mean it to.

To be honest all this is pretty much irrelevant to me anyway till/if we get offline ratings… But can also see it being a real problem for me.

and I find the back arrow from looking at a Beer pauses for about a second before going back.

On the Plus side i do quite like the beer spots . Ive not done enough to see how it learns. But it looks Great. fact it suggests the Last location is Tip Top ad think having Other Beer spots. is a genius move. Not sure how usefull in the wild, But if im out with my mates. if hes had it in X, im also in X :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see this version in the store. Where do I download it from?

1 Like

Ahhh. I needed an update so assumed it was to 1.7 but i see i upgraded to 1.6

Its actually typical Android(possibly apple) they release to store but it takes time to filter through to us. Thats why im not seeing the Barcode scanner . DOH.

2 Likes

Ta!

1 Like

Hey all it seems Google and Apple are taking a little bit to make it available. The updated version in the store will be 1.7. Sorry about the confusion. Will update when I see it on both stores.

3 Likes

No probs. It wouldnt have fooled me, if i hadnt been on 1.5 Not sure how i missed an update :slight_smile: maybe when 1.6 came out i was too fast to try and updated to 1.5 :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

@cgarvieuk Bringing these notes to the team. We are working on fixing some of the funkiness with the sliders for rating on the beer profile page over the next week. We’ll be doing some tests on the order of rating as well, re: comments/score.

Also thanks for the feedback on beer spots!

3 Likes

appologies i reread your message an realised i should have done it via App. Will try to in future.

On beer spots. Its looks like it could be real fast
(i know im an edge case but speed even in pubs is key to the way i tend to rate, dashing through 3 pubs on way home for tea with kids etc) so ive always avoided leaving that info as it slowed me down too much. So the slickness of that really impressed me

2 Likes

Barcode scanner doesn’t scan anything I put in front of it. Not to mention the design is poor, as not every bottle or can has the barcode placed on it horizontally.

2 Likes

I am still getting my updates from TestFlight. Should I keep doing that or get it from the app store?

2 Likes

@egajdzis We’d love to keep you in the beta channel but feel free to download from either. We’re looking to push more frequent updates to beta after the new year but you will still see releases earlier than the App Store.

@adamnowek Just want to verify that you’re on Android. We noticed an issue with landscape and barcode scanning earlier that only affects Android. We’ll be looking into that over the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

iOS

2 Likes

@adamnowek Mind sharing device and iOS version?, will take a look at this. Would also make sure that you’re at least 6" (15cm) away, we’re looking to make this clearer in the UI based on other feedback today.

2 Likes

That’s cool, I’ll stay on board. Just wasn’t sure if there was a beta program anymore.

3 Likes

Tested and was even able to add a barcode to a beer, nice!

Scanner stays in portrait position for me as well, iOS 11.0.3 on iPhone 6s+

2 Likes