RateBeer Mobile 1.7 Release Today

Yeah. I need to rotate my phone for some barcode. So line goes through it (android). Wonder it it can try both ways, but that might slow it down.

Its pretty damn fast when i line up line through bar code(way better than QRs ever seemed for me)
Fast enough i could actually see me using this at home for things likly to be in DB

and in bottle shops if its still reasonably fast in poor reception

2 Likes

Im tempted to goto my local shop and try buy a beer that needs added :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tested the barcode scanner on a regular Heineken: barcode wasnt in the database (because via the website, we cant edit barcodes and the list was full. It gives an internal error @joet). I could easily add the barcode, which was perfect. Scanning it again, it only got the barcode after turning right, but not left (or the other way around, cant remember exactly). But still, it worked pretty fast.

I don’t know in which database the barcodes end up, as I cant see the newly added barcode in the small barcode list via the website? But as long as there is plenty of room to save barcodes, I dont mind.

Has anybody tested yet, how it works when 1 barcode codes for multiple beers? I know several small brewers re-use the barcodes.

All in all: great addition!

3 Likes

Oh nice test case :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stefanos from the RateBeer mobile team here. There are quite a few breweries with the same barcode for many beers, in which case we’ll just show all the results associated with that barcode. Google Analytics is telling us how many results users are getting and I’ll keep a close eye on it. If it gets out of hand we may have to start removing older barcodes, but seems to be good so far.

5 Likes

Btw version 1.7 is now (definitely) available on iOS and Android! Great feedback so far, so please keep it coming. If you downloaded through the beta channel, you have the latest already.

2 Likes

ok spammed your feedback with all my comments

3 Likes

Ha! Thank you

2 Likes

We don’t call that spam, we call that feedback :wink:

3 Likes

iOS 11.1 on iPhone 6s. It didn’t matter how far away my phone was or how light the room was; and the distance of the phone camera to the label was never an issue on BeerBuddy, for the record.

1 Like

@adamnowek I’ll grab this device in the office this week, take a look, and try to get this working for you.

2 Likes

I’m very happy to have the bar code scanner! Thanks for all the updates that make this site/app great.

3 Likes

Thanks Brandon

1 Like

New version works great so far, Scanner works on my Android LG G5.

Next thing to add/modify.

1.Add a quick shortcut to add a picture for beer (like the Beer Spot).

2.Make a confirmation/cancel notice to add/modify a rating so I can stop clicking on the rating bar and change my scores by mistake

1 Like

Do you mind adding those notes to the in app feedback we have on the help screen?