RateBeer Mobile 1.9 Release Today

I think the new app looks great, but I dont use it because of two reasons:

1. I rate while I give attribute scores. So, like most people do, I start with writing part of my review, tick one attribute, continue writing, tick a second attribute, etc etc. Currently, you need to score all attributes, before you can even start writing.
  2. App overwrites website, without any possibility to undo. Has given several WTF!? moments already by accident. So, absolute necessity to be able to undo, or make an extra “are you sure” button.

For me, these two are vital and I cant see myself using the app before this is fixed.

A lot of people are asking for offline ratings. That would absolutely be no priority for me.

1 Like

Man, the app was doing so much better lately. The new update renders the app completely useless; as soon as I submit the numerical score, the app goes completely white, even if I close it and reopen it. I’m running the latest update on iOS 11.1.2.

1 Like

You might want to supply your mobile phone details etc. to Stefanos directly. Seems like an important bug, though it might be a localized issue too.

2 Likes

Hey @adamnowek which device did you experience this on? Seeing if I can reproduce this locally. Also do you mind deleting and reinstalling the app?

2 Likes

Shoot, sorry Adam. Trying to reproduce as well and having trouble doing so. Definitely share what device you’re using and I’ll try to track one down to try it on it. Also, try reinstalling the app like @wyattm mentioned and let me know what happens.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

ok a little more feed back. from use in the wild. i dont actually need see my rating. id rather just see rated/unrated (or better score /unrated) so i can see more at once.

generally if im searching a beer. its to see if i had. i can click through if i want details.

and again going back to erics app. it can list a brewery and all its beers. that doesn’t seem as easy

2 Likes

If you tap the beer title under the image on the beer’s profile, then click on the brewery you should see the list. Making a note based on feedback here that it isn’t the easiest to find.

1 Like

I didn’t even know that option existed. After I’ve had problems with wrong scores entered by accidentally clicking on the slider, I generally use the app is if I it’s something one should treat with caution.

You can delete a rating to fix accidental reviews in the latest release.

1 Like

ahhh good to know. will try that next time. But still need goto a beer first( which i can live with) rather than just search and select a brewery

What we need there is a choice, maybe a customisable “see whole ratings” switch.

Seeing the rating helps us see what needs to be rerated. For those of us who do that.

2 Likes

Yeah good point

6s.

Did a reinstall help?

Are you referring to the text portion of the review? If so if you tap on the tap on the text portion it will expand.

If you’re talking about the individual attributes then that’s something unavailable currently.

Nope. Still all white.

That’s cool. But that’s not the major issue about that makes people pissed off, that’s just mildly annoying. As I wrote earlier - the app overwrites “attribute ratings” without cue or question and replaces it with the tick/tap/slider rating for good. And that’s a major pain in the ass, especially if it’s a beer someone hasn’t had in a while or can’t get again. It should not even be possible without some kind of prompt (proposed a solution, see above). And deleting the entire rating isn’t a solution, it’s as bad if not worse.

4 Likes

We’re unable to reproduce this locally. I hate that we’re debugging this way, but is there any way you can do a device restart in between the uninstall and install?

I’ve logged in and logged out. I’ve restarted my device. I’ve re-installed the app. As soon as I tap on the new option to add a place to a rating, everything goes white until I force the app to quit.

This actually gives us more to work with. In the original post you said this was happening with ratings, is that still the case? Or only when you add a place to a rating.