Runner Up: @dunklermessias

[4] Admin of the Year
Winner: @marko
Runner Up: @imdownthepub

[5] Walt Powell Lifetime Achievement Award
Winner: @Leighton
Runner Up: BBB63

[6] Thread of the Year / Post of the Year
Winner: A Day In The Life of a Beer Advocate Refugee https://www.ratebeer.com/forums/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-beeradvocate-refugee_294870.htm
Runner Up: The Big EU Online Bottleshop Directory The Big EU Online Bottleshop Directory

[7] Rating of the Year
Winner: MacBoost’s rating of Boulevard Love Child No. 7 (https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/boulevard-love-child-no-7/412233/108035/)
Runner Up: JoeT’s copy/paste rating of Hunahpu (https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cigar-city-hunahpus-imperial-stout/97078/954/)

[8] The Bangs Chol RateBeer Meme of the Year
Winner: Reasonably OK In Person
Runner Up: Rich Drop Bloke

13 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

12 Likes

[9] The bhops OTLer of the Year Award
Winner: @sarkynorthener1
Runner Up: @RichTheVillan

[10] OTMer of the Year
Winner: @sarkynorthener1
Runner Up: @JK

[11] The AdamJackson Memorial (Not Really Dead) Troll of the Year Award
Winner: Fake ID/Passport Guys
Runner Up: @AdamChandler

8 Likes

I had to separate the results, because apparently you can’t mention more than 10 people in one post.

Anyway, congrats again to all the winners and all the nominees!

4 Likes

Thanks for putting this together, Blipp!

Edited to add: Thanks to Homer for nominating me, and anybody who voted for me in the Trader of the Year category. Very humbling to even be thought of in that manner…and even mentioned in the same list as some of the most generous people on the planet. Cheers !

3 Likes

Enormous thanks to everyone who voted for me! Very good choices around the board, proud to win admin of the year again, proud to share place no.3 for user of the year with someone like yespr!

Hope I get to be even more active (and in a more timely fashion) this year!

8 Likes

Huh. I guess people liked my real life account of rich the TV.

5 Likes

Cheers @blipp for doing this top man

3 Likes

rigged.

1 Like

Congrats to all the winners especially fake passport guy

6 Likes

@Gary
I have won three awards this year. Most importantly, unlike you, I have won OTL of the year. So in all sincerity.

Eat shit.

4 Likes

Seriously though. Thanks for all the guys who voted for me and my nomination and the biggest star of the awards @discobot

5 Likes

Thank you to everyone who helped rig the votes. We all knew the fix was in once we saw @sarkynorthener1 sweeping the Off Topic awards!

4 Likes

Thanks for my noms and for voting for me those that did !

It’s been a strange awards year tbh.

The fragmented nature of the site in the past few months hasn’t helped.

There’s certainly been past years where I feel I’ve been more worthy … organising events etc and more travel and ratings but It’s nice to win anyhow.

Jeremy … for organising RBSG and Yespr … for smacking in 7K rates in a calendar year were worthy of the award for me.

Organising an event is oft a thankless task and those of you who know Jesper know he doesn’t carry backlog so that there 7K will have been in 2017 and not a heavy backlog as has been the case of the top rater of the year on some occasions.

Cheers y’all and hope to catch up with you in '18.

I’ll be over for MBCC this year for the first time in a few so hope to bump into a few of you, both old and new then.

Cloin

6 Likes

And not forgetting @blipp … our very own Brain for organsing.

Next year there will be a 12th award ‘Ratebeer awards organiser of the year award’ … I know where my vote is going !

5 Likes

Can we have a comment from our new member of the year?

@discobot

2 Likes

The question is: who should get credit for the meme award? The user who coined the phrase (@silktork ) or the one who popularized it (@Gary )?

1 Like

Me for nominating it

3 Likes

Let’s hope @discobot goes the same way as @hippoman

6 Likes

Early contender for post of the year.

4 Likes