RateBeerians of the Year Awards 2017 - Nominations

[6} bhensonb
[11] The fake id/passport guy

2 Likes

[7] Definitely this guy and his spammy ratings

1 Like

I predict a Scott Purchase style blow out in the next few days.

2 Likes

[7] any of bartlebier’s ratings, but let’s take this one: https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/de-garde-the-archer/245681/172482/

2 Likes

@Homer321 for all

1 Like

[1] RateBeerian of the Year
@LazyPyro For embrassing the change

[2] Trader of the Year
@trapped For not being anything like i imagined him

[3] New Member of the Year

[4] Admin of the Year
@chriso

[5] Walt Powell Lifetime Achievement Award
@silktork He made me who i am

[6] Thread of the Year / Post of the Year

[7] Rating of the Year

[8] RateBeer Meme of the Year

[9] OTLer of the Year

[10] OTMer of the Year

[11] AJax Memorial (Not Really Dead) Troll of the Year
@realDonaldTrump

1 Like

Lol, I don’t even know how to OTM! And there are plenty of admins that run circles around me. I’m still trying to figure out th me new forums! Thanks for the mods though!

1 Like

[1] @Leighton
[2] @bytemesis
[3] ???
[4] @joet
[5] Gazza
[6] https://www.ratebeer.com/forums/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-beeradvocate-refugee_294870.htm
[7] https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/guinness-rye-pale-ale/450399/129179/
[8] RB Refugeees (“The Fugees”)
[9] @SarkyNorthener
[10] @SarkyNorthener
[11] @sethdude

1 Like

[1] Buckeyeboy - now an admin, he did a fantastic job of co-organizing the Summer Gathering in Boise.

+1. Jeremy is an all around great guy, and he really stepped up with RB Summer Gathering. (Toby as well!)

1 Like

Most of the categories I can’t really say but these I can…

[3] @samsomuk - He’s literally the only active user I even know of that joined in 2017 so who else could anyone vote for? But really though he’s put in a solid amount of ratings so is deserving even if he is the only nominee.

[4] Can I nominate two? In the UK @imdownthepub has handled a ton of corrections in the brewery/place thread, and also I believe singlehandedly sorted out the Cloudwater seasonal mess. @marko has likewise seemed to have handled an enormous amount of corrections in the general place reporting thread, no doubt also does a lot that I as a normal user can’t see.

[6] Again I’m too new to the forums but I did enjoy @SarkyNorthener’s toy box story the other day, even if I did miss half the references.

[7] I dunno but I’d like to make more people aware of that time when @joet just copied and pasted a beer’s commercial description instead of writing an actual rating - https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cigar-city-hunahpus-imperial-stout/97078/954/ :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

[1] yespr - As far as I know he broke a new all time high for ratings in a year with 7000, he travels the world looking for beer, and is extremely generous with bottle shares. Thanks for voting for him

3 Likes

I still use the database to monitor ratings of Public House beers, so you’ll see me log in every few weeks. Still, nominations for Troll of the Year are always appreciated.

P.S.- Eat shit.

2 Likes

Every time you log in is another win for AB-InBev.

6 Likes

$1 per log towards bud Chelada propaganda.

3 Likes

BBB63 for Walt Powell award. He’s still in ICU I think, there haven’t been any updates lately. He deserves this.

4 Likes

Thanks @LazyPyro

I can’t be the only new active user though surely?

1 Like

[1] RateBeerian of the Year
To the most outstanding member of the site exemplified by leadership, humility, organization skills, real world involvement, and general site expansion and improvement.

Marko

[2] Trader of the Year
To the most outstanding trader on ratebeer as shown by their generosity, enthusiasm, and love for the community.

Beerhunter111

[4] Admin of the Year
To the ratebeer administrator that has shown unparalleled commitment to site expansion and improvement behind the scenes.

Marko

[5] Walt Powell Lifetime Achievement Award
To the ratebeer veteran who has distinguished themselves through long-term commitment to discovering the world of beer and the community within it.

chris0

2 Likes

I think the problem is that people tend to lurk and, maybe, just put in some ratings in their early days. Often they’ll sign up simply because they were researching something and came across RateBeer in a search but don’t become very active until some time later. So you can sometimes think of “new” members who have only come to your attention in the last year but it turns out they registered earlier.

1 Like

I certainly wouldn’t regard myself as a worthy nominee. There have been years when I have put in a lot of time on grunt work - verifications, tidying up the database etc. 2017 was not one of them. For several months I was not at all sure I wanted to remain involved at all so did almost nothing.

2 Likes