RB European Summer Gathering 2023 - Zagreb, Croatia - July 13-16

Interested! August is better than July for me, but I don’t think it matters anyway.

Also interested, and flexible with regards to exact date.

2 Likes

It would seem that the chosen dates aaareeee JULY 13-16th

3 Likes

So is it gonna be Zagreb-Ljubljana or just Zagreb?
(I can’t see trains going between Zagreb and Ljubljana and I’m bad with busses).

I will do everything I can to make this.

2 Likes

Would be great to see even a very rough schedule of events/timing. I’d like to start looking at flights so most curious about anything happening on Thursday and Sunday of the weekend.

Should be Zagreb-only, unless something changes radically. Ljubljana would be a day trip, but it’s potentially too much. There are train lines though: https://potniski.sz.si/en/zagreb/ - but one would have to wake up very early for the ZG>LJ train line for it to make sense, and we’d have to be heading back fairly early too (18:39) - however, it’s not impossible.

@Leighton Thursday - we’ll most likely have a meetup around 7-8pm, stick to one or two places that we’ll likely miss on other days (as a group), likely the smallest places where we won’t be able to go with a bigger group.

Sunday - Grand Tasting, starting 11-ish/noonish to “when we’re done”, hopefully at The Garden Brewery - where they have food options as well. If we don’t manage to catch The Garden somehow, we’ll look for other options.

Friday should include a trip to Nova Runda’s taproom (opet only on Fridays) and out of town. The rest is a combo of various pubs, stores and brewpubs.

2 Likes

Have a great time every one, sadly those dates are smack in the middle of my month in Southern California.

<*))))))><

Friday trip to Nova Runda sounds great! I dont mind skipping Ljubljana. Dont want to rush…
I will probably arrive friday morning but only reasonable flight to Finland on Sunday is early in the morning so have to skip Grand Tasting.
Can anyone briefly list TOP10 beer places in Zagreb so I can book hotel from suitable place? I am very lazy walker…

Janne

1 Like

Sadly, the places are pretty scattered, anywhere centralish close to a tram line works though.

1 Like

Hotel Dubrovnik seems to be reasonable. 160e / 2 nights and Craft Room is quite near.

That’s as central as it gets! :smiley: Nowadays, Valhalla is the best choice in that area right now, Craft Room is way past its peak sadly, the owners, the staff, the beer selection, the food changed from the heyday.

1 Like

Very much tempted. I’ll check my agenda, and for hotel and planes. Any other recommendations for hotelrooms or is Hotel Dubrovnik good enough for 3 or 4 days?

1 Like

Right now the schedule looks good to me. I just need to work out flights. First ‘look’ wasn’t promising.

Sadly, us locals are the worst to ask about hotel prices (even quality sometimes). I can help narrow things down if you’re choosing between some options. :smiley: We’ll try to look into it.

Hotel Dubrovnik via fi.hotels.com for FRI-SUN.
2 nights for 188e and you (or me because I use same site) get later 10% back with bonuses.
Breakfast is free and some drinks too. Hotel has very high ratings on hotels.com (9.0/10.0) so it should be reliable. Tram stop is just next to it. I dont think you can get better deal from dowtown Zagreb.

2 Likes

Would be outstanding
Must check

1 Like

Update:
-the visit to Nova Runda is being moved to Saturday - because we unwittingly lucked into NR having their birthday event then! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m hoping to make it to this. If so, I’ll probably spend a week or so in Slovenia afterward.
Hopefully we can all figure out a group hotel. Last time in Zagreb I stayed at an awesome Airbnb right in the center. Happy to look for a bigger one to share if anyone is interested

2 Likes