Reason to hope?

Whisper it quietly but I have seen evidence this morning that there is currently work going on to split Australia into regions. I know that for many of us in the UK we probably have very few Aussie ratings but it is a move in the right direction. Watch this space and hope it’s somewhere like Belgium, Czech Republic or even Scotland next.

4 Likes

31 Australia rates - think most breweries gave up exporting this far west didn’t they sadly.

Anyway this is excellent news. Something I’ve wished for ever since I joined RB and I’ve only been here 5 years, there’s probably many who have been wanting to see regional breakdowns for literal decades.

I know this will probably be a slow process so don’t want to get ahead of ourselves, but if we can expect more countries to be split up in the future I personally hope to see all the major beer countries (Belgium, Czechia as previously mentioned), and some slight bias but Scotland/Wales/Ireland would be good so our whole area is done.

Also any country which is geographically massive - Russia being an obvious one, also those like France, Spain, Netherlands etc. There’s so many really.

Genuinely excited about getting more stats though!

2 Likes

About time too!

I’ve been following the thread that talks about doing this at last; looking forward to seeing the roll out of each new country; looks like Australia then Belgium second. No idea how long this sort of ‘change’ can/will take, but I hope it’s as quick as finding a Covid vaccine, or quicker.

<*))))))><

Always enjoy having more stats. Good stuff.

Looks like the Australian regions are listed under Germany at the moment - assume a temporary move

1 Like

Just a way of getting them onto the system I suppose, all blank at the moment, the German ones are unaffected so far!

<*))))))><

Great news! I have 295 Australian ratings and looking forward to see if I’ve managed to cover all the new regions

2 Likes

Just looking at my 36 Australian rates and they cover NSW, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, and Capital. Excited!!

1 Like

All countries should be split into districts… We’re only on this site for geeky stats.

4 Likes

Well, I’ve checked my 24 Aussie rates @Mr_Pink_152 and I have 6 of the regions already.

ISO the two regions ending in ‘Territory’!

<*))))))><

1 Like

1 Like

Oh and Queensland and Western Australia, so looking for Northern T now

2 Likes

Based on the current DB updates, it at least looks like my lousy 14 AU ticks are from five regions, so more than I expected. I’ll guess I’ll be on the lookout for beers from Tasmania and the two Territories going forward.

Update: As coincidence would have it, I put a beer from a new (for me) Australian brewery in the fridge this morning, and it happens to be from Tasmania. So just the Territories left then.

2 Likes

I’m pretty confident my zero Aussie rates means I’ve got none of the regions covered! Must hunt down a can of Fosters :joy:

2 Likes

Isn’t Fosters made in Bedfordshire?

1 Like

In Manchester now, but if you find the Export version …

Now, where do they stock Coopers Sparkling Ale?

1 Like

Get in there!

<*))))))><

One of my mates now works in the Sydney office. He jokingly offered to send beer via the internal post. I may have to investigate that now.

1 Like

It’s been one of the few rays of sunshine over this miserable festive period. Just a little change makes a big difference.

1 Like

I know what you mean; on a side note Victoria has overtaken Bremen for rates in Germany, 9 hits compared to Bremen on 8 (my lowest German region).

If my planned road trip to the German coast via Bremen this year had gone ahead the anomaly wouldn’t have happened.

Saarland 3.1 13
Victoria 3.13 9
Bremen 2.82 8
South Australia 3.3 6

<*))))))><

1 Like