Reason to hope?

Hopefully they can come up with the Australia map soon and be able to separate the districts from Germany. The way it is being done at the moment means the Admins can’t help with setting up the Breweries and Places, so it’s going to be quite slow from this point, quite different from how it has been done in the past.

As you know Glen, I have no IT skills, so no idea what this sort of addition entails or how it’s done. Don’t care either, as long as it works and other countries follow.

<*))))))><

1 Like

It’s all coming together by the looks, feels like an early Christmas present. For those that haven’t followed the other thread you won’t see a map just yet as the programming to create them is very old school and needs bringing up to date, but everything else for producing the Australia stats is moving forward.

I keep a spreadsheet as back up for my beer rates, and am breaking down my rates by region for each country. Most have been an easy process with Google Maps clearly showing boundaries, or wikipedia with lists and maps. One sticking point is Wales.

Nothing on Google Maps, and no obvious way to break it down found on Wikipedia other than a very generic North Wales, Mid and West Wales, South Wales Central, South Wales East and South Wales West. I know there are other ways the historic counties Pembrokshire, Glamorgan etc. just not sure how these overlay onto a current map.

Any thoughts on how you would breakdown your welsh rates?

We have put some thought into this when there was a lot of discussion about splitting lots of countries. We finally came up with using historic counties, fortunately I have a great map next to my computer in readiness. We don’t really have a regular Welsh contributor to agree this. What I have done is on the Breweries, I have added the historic county on virtually all Welsh Brewers, don’t think I have missed many, in preparation for Wales being split. I have received no negative feedback so far and it has been in place for a few years now. I do realise that the Places section does not follow the same formula at present, I was waiting to get the go ahead to get these done.

1 Like

Thanks. I will follow the same plan for my list.

Northern Territories looks a tricky one to get!

0 breweries!? Is this actually the case or are we still waiting for admins to finish adding states to each brewery?

It’s being updated gradually but NT unlikely to have more than 3 micro breweries.

Hmm… this is gonna be a tough one indeed. Just checked the Untappd database, only 3 micros, 1 nano, and 1 brewpub. Slim pickings even for the Aussies. I’m guessing little to no chance of anyone outside of Aus (or possibly NT itself) getting any. Trades or travel only I suppose.

ACT looks like it will be equally difficult with only 7. Although I imagine far easier to obtain.

1 Like

There are counties though. Even if they are called County Borough Council. I deal with them at work and always have to check the format.