Region split for Denmark

Great, I’ll send note to the people splitting. We’ll put Denmark at the end of the list, after the independent Soviet Republic of Transdnistria…

While I know there are a few who still don’t want more splits, the question is not if anymore. The question is how.

1 Like

I guess some more Danes should have chimed in on this thread: The five regions mentioned above are purely based on providing health care since 2007 - they have no historical or geographical background, as Jesper wrote. Dividing for example Germany into regions/Bundesländer makes good sense - traditionally there is big difference in brewing styles between North Germany (Pilsner), South (Hefeweissen etc.) and East (Berliner Weisse, Gose etc.) Strictly traditionally speaking. Every region will have something interesting (beer styles, venues) that differs if from other regions. As Germany is a big country breaking it up in smaller pieces makes good sense to create a good overview.
In the case of Denmark - and other small counties like Scotland and N. Ireland there is no difference in brewing styles or other historical factors that actually makes any difference which region the beer or place belongs to.
Of course Copenhagen will have a larger number and more interesting beer places than rural areas in Jutland - hey, that’s why we use the maps - and Denmark is a small country!
Well, everyone loves statistics and the gradually darker blue colours - so go ahead. Don’t expect a better usability or influx of new users…

3 Likes

Purely for the challenge value I think Øhavet and Bornholm should be a regions by themselves in DK. Proper beerhunters should be forced to sail to tiny obscure islands in Denmark to sample their beers.

3 Likes

So this list is better, @jonas ? Not seeing a lot of agreement here. (ignore the numbers, those are population or something I copy and pasted the names from)

Where are all the Danes with 50 000 ratings or more? Your opinions? If not, split Denmark in five regions or do nothing. Just my opinion…

1 Like

All of them … there are two of them (check the top raters list) and one has spoken above so you have a 50% representation !

And remember … whilst these regions are primarily used to breakdown health care sectors as folks above have touched on … they are also important in this area …

• Raw material mapping and planning. Permission for extraction, i.e. gravel pits

What do you mean where are we? You just had me responding. I am surprised to see you and solidfunk continue to push for a split asking an admin in Germany. Responses have so far been not to split. If you really want the last few of us to leave RB completely, just keep doing what you “regulators” think is needed. Then I will sign off and excercise my GDPR right to be forgotten with my 55.000 ratings.

I’m not pushing for a split. And I do not want «small» countries to be split in too many regions, if we have other options. Splitting in regions are great news for some, for those who do not care (me…) it makes no difference.

Belgium: 30,689 square km
Denmark: 42,943 square km

Every country, small or no, splits into some sort of administrative region. Even bloody Singapore has neighborhoods or something. Splitting more countries is based on what the majority on the site want, 55,000 ratings or not, except for a couple of users who want things to stay the same forever. And contrary to what you may want, many raters have left RB BECAUSE it hasn’t implemented more new features like this forever. Look at Breuver or whatever it’s called, basically all made up of ex RB users who like country break ups.

Denmark is an important beer country as it was one of the early ones to pick up on the craft beer trend. But since literally no Danes have spoken up about this, fine, I won’t push it for Denmark. There are many more countries we can do first, large or small.

4 Likes

Was refering to the proposal were Bornholm was a separate region. Didn’t know about the 2007 act.
Only keen on that all countries are divided in the end, even Sweden when it comes /ciao

If local admins are not interested, there is no point, since they still have to admin them later (even if other admins are doing the initial separation).

Copenhagen has districts that are quite well known (Christiania for example)… But no idea about the country wide regions, if locals consider them meaningless ¯_(ツ)_/¯

We can always do Estonia. 15 easy to separate counties, ha :smiley:

3 Likes

Denmark is difficult to split as yespr says. You could argue to use the old “amt”. There where 16 of these in use from 1970-2006. One reason for splitting up is that many of the new breweries only is available very close to the brewery. I think several of the raters in Denmark is for a split-up. But it is an administration discision. I will be happy to help if we go for a split up.

3 Likes

There´s no reason at all to make a split. There are 200+ breweries to visit or drink beer from, if you want statistics, and good and bad breweries in all the mentioned regions. But there´s nothing like regional styles.

Og for en gangs skyld en dansker der skriver i øvrigt.

Splitting would be artificial, there are no real historic regions (apart from Sønderjylland/Nordslesvig perhaps, but that’s just, like, my personal opinion, dude…).
Martin

1 Like

To be fair, I’m not sure the idea of regional styles is something that holds up in a lot of countries other than maybe Belgium, England and Germany.

That doesn’t mean that people still don’t like the stats involved in checking out how beers match up in a region. Most people who like these statistics on the site like them because we can divide up data representing our untold hours wasted and untold dollars wasted. I’m from Canada and we have no real regional breakup of styles, or even any well-known beer styles at all that have categories on RB other than arguably ice wine. That doesn’t mean I don’t like to see what the best beer in Quebec is vs. Ontario etc.

Anyway, I’m still not arguing for Denmark to be split, as nobody seems to want it. Just saying that the regional styles argument isn’t really the main driver of this.

3 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

Tempting to write: So are you in a short time, but I wont do that.

My opinion: Please don’t make a split up of Denmark. One Norwegian rater told me that he thought that raters in Copenhagen should stop entering places as Copenhagen K, Copenhagen V, Copenhagen N, Copenhagen NV, Copenhagen S and so on. I guess it makes sense for Danes to do that but if we on top on that use regions as well I guess everybody will be confused.