RateBeer Forums

Regions en France

Salut! Desole ma francaise est mauvais! Mais nous allons peut etre separar La France en regions en Ratebeer commes nous avons fait avec Belgique et Australie. Est-ce que ce sont les bonnes divisions?:

Grand Est
Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Auvergne Rhône-Alpes
Bretagne
Bourgogne Franche-Comté
Centre Val de Loire
Corse
Occitaine
Normandie
Hauts-de-France
Île-de-France
Pays de la Loire
Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur

Yes indeed, these are the name of “new” French metropolitan regions since 2016 :
Bretagne
Île-de-France
Provence-Alpes-Côte d’azur
Centre-Val de Loire
Normandie
Hauts-de-France
Grand-Est
Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Occitanie
Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes

Normally, you have to add ultramarin regions (not actually associated for the moment with France in RateBeer) :

• Guadeloupe
  • Martinique
  • Guyane
  • La Réunion
  • Mayotte

Nevertheless, even if this is correct, I would prefer the “old” regions (with Alsace, Nord Pas-de-Calais, Poitou-Charentes…) if it’s possible.

Qu’est-ce que vous en pensez @jaghana , @Calisky ? :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

97434384_1500623633451250_1095673176848859136_n

1 Like

That’s a shame, I was hoping for Department level.

1 Like

Yes, of course, I would love to have the French departments too :slight_smile: And we don’t have the problem of regions. No civil war :slight_smile: And it might be easier to associate with the postal code. But I am not the person who will create the map ! After all, that would be close to the England map spirit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably the up to date would be best. So the 13 now, then in the future possibly they can be split further into departments? One step at a time seems the way to go

1 Like

Excepted some political guys or journalists, nobody use the new names of each region, even 4 years later… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, I agree with this plan : regions > departments.
Nevertheless, as Asskicker said, the new regions are more an “administrative” economical decision. To help you understand, the old regions relate more to “terroir”. The updated map lacks of this spirit. For a tasting website, that could be really interesting ; that makes more sense. When you speak of Alsace or Champagne Ardenne , that “resonates” more than the big region “Grand Est” (with literarily means “Large East”).

For what it is worth, Untappd separates out by department in their Beers of the World badge… not that we should follow suit of course…

In “Grand Est” you have Alsace, Champagne-Ardenne and Lorraine.

BUT

In Alsace you have Bas-Rhin and Haut-Rhin.
In Champage-Ardennes you have Ardennes, Aube, Marne and Haute-Marne.
In Lorraine you have Meuse, Moselle, Meurthe-et-Moselle and Vosges.

So for me, new regions are too imprecise.

France is a “little” country, but for us it’s quite big. ^^

Yes I would love departments too first. But I understand the way of creating : regions first, then departments. The tricky question is about French regions ; new ones are Länder-like… (but for the moment only economical political choice). The old ones are more consistent (terroir historical point of view). We are just here as an advisory opinion. I don’t know the amount of time & work behind those maps. The fact that there is a french map is great :smiley:

Hi all

If I may just add a comment.

Solidfunk start simply implementing the new regions (as they are the official ones!), I think this will already add lot of work.
I don’t know how you’ll do that but the easiest is to use postal codes that are on Brewery address. This code with 5 digits starts with 2 numbers that reflects departement index, as showed in the map provided by Vincent.
So for example, brewery with 66xxx is part or “Pyrenées Orentiales” department, so included in Occitanie.

Anyway if I (we) could help you on that tell us.
I can provide you the complete map between the 2 digits and the Region’s name.

Vincent : overseas departments are of course in France but seen as different in “culture” so separated as different beers countries. I had this discussion lot of time with admins in the past as I wanted them unified, I finally agreed with this - moreover this allows us to have more countries rated ! Anyway there is no “cabbale” in ratebeer to limit France area :wink:

Regards

Pascal

1 Like

Bon retour parmi nous !
Tu as vu je me suis battu pour l’Alsace :slight_smile:

oui !

Pas cool cette petite remarque de ratebeer …

Nous avons déjà utilisé les codes postaux belgiques pour “trancher” Belgique plus facilement. Il me semble que, avec un peu de préparation, on utilisera les cp français de la même manière. :slight_smile:

Et, naturellement c’est pas solidfunk (ou RB LLC) qui va faire cela (seul) - ça sera un travail collectif des admins, après que “services” ajoute les régions… un jour.

1 Like

Oui je suis pas meme un admin. Je suis seulement en tren d’aider l’organization. Básicamente nous attendons que les gens employe faisent le coding pour separer les regions. J’esais de faire son travailed plus facile alors qu’il s’ennuye pas trops get nous donne des nouveaux pais separer en regions. Alors le plus vite que nous sommes d’accords avec quleque chose, le plus de chance que la France serait separer. Maintenant Denmark, Espagne, escosse et Hollande attends aussi.

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service