Release: First version of new Activity Feed

Thank you! Have a great one as well!

1 Like

Whereā€™s the button?

1 Like

They are links under each milestone

That page is getting there. However there is one thing that is still annoying me and Iā€™m sure other people must find it irritating. Itā€™s the unrated Places notifications. I live in Surrey but keep getting notifications for completely random pubs in London. How does it work out which places to notify me of? Radius or based on where Iā€™ve previously rated. The thing is, Iā€™ve had no notifications for Surrey places.

1 Like

Friends > Beer Rating
TAR logged 9 ratings in this period.
Latest: A 3.3 for Hofmann Doppel-Bock.
1 hours ago

this hurts to read.

Radius from your location.

Perhaps remove the suggestion to congratulate yourself?

3 Likes

After a few weeks, I can only say that Iā€™ve stopped using the page.

5 Likes

Sadly, I know that many people have, too.
And they wonā€™t be brought back easily; if anybody is familiar with hysteresisā€¦

3 Likes

I do not bother with it either. It beggars belief that this is seen as an improvement. It was perfectly fine as it was.

Same here. I donā€™t like aimless spam from random subjects who I donā€™t know.

Donā€™t know if anyone said this again but either my friends have stopped using the place checkin feature or it is not included in the new page.

I liked seeing where they are

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to toggle to the old version of activity. The new one is so dull and uninteresting.

1 Like

I see that the rather vague wording ā€œin the periodā€ has been changed to ā€œover the last two weeksā€.

Still, why use a two-week period in the first place?

1 Like

What I liked about the old feed was that I could see the daily activity of my friends. I could see a few beers that theyā€™ve had. Now I need to go to their profile for this. Iā€™m sorry, I said Iā€™d refrain from any criticism and just shut up, but I really want to know what the supposed benefit for me, the user, is.

6 Likes

The benefit is to ratebeer that you have to click through to that user to see their activity

Without ads, whereā€™s that RB benefit?

Oh, I see. Weā€™ll see how long that pay off, then. Might be that the often sought after silent majority really digs clicking.

1 Like

The old feed never showed more than the last beer people had drunk?

At least, it was never supposed to, it broke with the new app and started showing every beer.

Yes, but it showed one person more often / daily.