Release: First version of new Activity Feed

Power user here, and us few are the ones who populate a significant amount of content. Don’t listen to us, we leave and there is no content. I get the counter argument, I just think it is wrong.

I think the new activity feed is much too frivolous and provides little usable content. I get crap about bars I haven’t visited, breweries I am not following and friends I have never heard off.

I prefer the previous feed.

8 Likes

Me too.

6 Likes

:thinking:

I find myself using this feed less than the old one. Ideally my feed would show every single one of my friends ratings, beers added, and milestones. As well as every new beer added from breweries I follow. I would also want to have the option to add every beer rating and beer spotting for breweries I follow. Place rating is lowest priority for me. More data is better.

Me three.

The silly thing about the two week period is that you can’t really use it to gauge how many new beers my friends have rated. The figure just jumps up and down. Someone who had 90 ‘new’ rates yesterday, may have 50 today. Or 100. Or still 90 but with new rates.

5 Likes

I used to use the activity feed several times per day. Maybe 50 times per day in a rating session. Since it was updated, I have stopped using it completely.

Some of the recommended changes have been implemented, but most have not. Really, it looks awful as far as i’m concerned. It absolutely sucks. It’s just a clunky horrible looking page full of white space and endless repetition. I don’t care if research says this is the way to go, I don’t even want to look at it. It’s like a web page from the 90’s.

We absolutely need and want ratings over the last 24 hour period too. Two weeks is ridiculous. Why don’t you listen Joe? I could go on… I did in previous postings but i’ve lost the will to do so anymore.

Over the weekend this was implemeted, I was at a major festival where I would normally have rated 50 or 60 beers per day. This year I could barely be bothered to rate and the number of beers I rate has fallen since then.

I used to work hard on the RateBeer Bugs page on a daily basis too and would spend 1 or 2 hours every single day fixing problems. Since the latest Activity page was replaced i’ve barely been to the Bugs page at all and unresolved issues are building up. I’m not alone. Fewer and fewer admins spend any time there at all anymore.

Changing the activity page to what it is now was a massive mistake and has alienated so many people. The old guard is slowing down or leaving and we can’t retain new users at all. What a sad state of affairs eh… and it was so unnecessary :frowning:

12 Likes

I am shutting down this thread because chatter is quickly burying constructive feedback to the point that it hasn’t been useful for some time and overall has been detrimental to community standards for dialog. It’s a shame! I had time to work on this before RateBeer Best and holidays came around! Feed will not likely be a priority until Spring.