Release: First version of new Activity Feed

We were already introduced to the Rate a Friend system … It’s called the Thumbs Up Like :wink:

All I’m hearing is that this site is no longer for us, but for the next generation of beer raters. Always nice to hear the user base that made this site into what it is (was?) is considered redundant and irrelevant.

6 Likes

I’ve given up looking at it.

Wars of tim.

It even provides useful comments on each and every beer fonefan ticks for his own records at 1.0.

I want to see the folks who rate 3 or 4 beers a week probably more than the big raters.

Not my train set, so not going to throw the track up in

the air, but gives me 5 more minutes to read something else whilst I take a shit in the morning!

:slight_smile:

Acquiring New Customers Is Important, But Retaining Them Accelerates Profitable Growth

Especially here given that this site has no value without ratings… and lunatics on this site rate a lot. Can’t lose too many of them…

1 Like

I sadly feel the same. I feel it would be futile to try to compete with Untappd but it seems like that will happen.

That would be a mistake. RB/=UT/=BA, and that’s the way it should be.

Out of interest, given the recent changes to try and appeal to new users, how many do we have? Are they staying, contributing to the site? Not aimed at either side of the changes, just curious.

As long as we can’t see ticks, no one will ever notice if there are any new users.

If it wouldn’t destroy the system, how about keeping the old activity page going - but only accessible from our personal beer lists? Something for everyone? @joet

1 Like

Hi bhenson. Thanks for the question. Yeah of course, I’m completely fine leaving the old page there.

1 Like

This is precisely why I mentioned above that we’re developing with three groups in mind, and retention of experts is important to us. Was there a problem with translation?

I feel a bit like a parent with three children and the eldest claims I don’t love him because I haven’t given his other siblings up for adoption. :blush::smile: Let’s enjoy our weekend! Cheers!

1 Like

It’s more like you’re taking away the eldest’ toys because you think the youngest doesn’t want that toy.

So, I take it the feed page works as intentional and the youngest just wants random tidbits if information?

What about the group of prodigal sons who returned home from Untappd and Beeradvocate? For them, bringest thou forth the best robe, and put it on them; and put a ring on their hand, and shoes on their feet? And bringest thou hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let them eat, and be merry?

3 Likes

I’d really like to see my own activity on the activity page.

12 Likes

I used to take a look at the Activity page on a daily basis to see what was happening in my friends worlds. There is no point now as the whole thing is a meaningless mess, in my point of view, rounding up peoples ratings and reviews from an unknown amount of time.
Another page, rather like the Forums that I now won’t be bothering with, another piece nibbled away from what was Ratebeer at its best.
What is next I wonder?

5 Likes

i’m done, and i am not looking at the page anymore…

I’m not going to read through all of this topic, but if it is not reported yet, the new activity feed “Newly Added Beer > Friend” part is broken. It shows newly added beers from people who are not in my friend list. (and i’m not following those breweries either)

bug

@joet @services

2 Likes

It was reported here:
https://community.ratebeer.com/t/bug-new-feed-layout/8395/

No response.

I’m getting exactly the same thing. No idea who katrinaez is.