REQUEST - Link text on the Community page

Something that’s been somewhat annoying for as long as I can remember. Not a high priority item, but perhaps an easy fix as well.

On the Community page:

• Top Raters in a Country: most total rates; people based in a given country (and the subsequent page header reads ‘top raters by country’
  • Top Raters in a Region: most total rates; people based in a given region (and the subsequent page header reads ‘most ratings by state/province/country’
  • Most Ratings by Country: people with the most ratings of beers brewed in that country (and the subsequent page header reads ‘top raters for xxx’
  • Most Ratings by Region: people with the most ratings of beers brewed in that region (and the subsequent page header reads ‘top raters of state/province/country’

So not too bad, but a little inconsistency in the use of ‘most’ and ‘top’ between the link text and the subsequent headers.

Now, when we go to the Community Lists links (found at the right of the pages that the links above take you to), we get:

• Top Raters by Country - same as above
  • Most Raters by Country - same as above
  • Most Ratings by State/Province - same list as the ‘Top Raters in a Region’ from above
  • Top Raters by State/Province - same list as the ‘Most Ratings by Region’ from above

So now we’re really using ‘top’ and ‘most’ interchangeably and inconsistently, which is non-intuitive. I’m always clicking into lists when I was trying to find the ‘other’ list, then I go back and go to the other list.

Again, not a high priority item - its a fairly minor annoyance, but it is an annoyance. And probably could be fixed pretty easily.

1 Like