REQUEST Please please please get rid of that awful slider

It’s a royal pain! Lost 2 ratings already because of this ill thought out enhancement. Now rating on my phone, I feel like Inspector fucken Closeau, I never know when I am going to be ‘Kato’ed’ by this cursed bloody slider that wants to give me a tick at every opportunity!

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback and patience. We are working to resolve this issue.

2 Likes

For fuck’s sake get rid of this fucking slider shite. End of my tether with Ratebeer. You’ve fucked up royally, joet.

2 Likes

Why you don’t develop it to work out exactly like the App? It works fine, it’s less chubby, it have an expandable option for refined ticks (AATPO) and a confirm button. All of it is good.
You should try to have the maximum consistency between platforms no?

3 Likes

@Viper666.Qc As I don’t use and never have downloaded/ installed the app I don’t know what it looks like, but I definitely feel the website should be leading here, whereas the app should be a slimmed down version of the website, not the other way around. Also, rating should be the rule, ticking the exception. Now it’s the other way around: before you know it you’ve ticked the beer, but in order to rate it you have to click on “write full review”. That’s the wrong way around for a website called RATEbeer imo.

3 Likes

Fully agree, the website should be leading.
The crap should be a light version.

2 Likes

Yeah but “advanced ticking” (full 5-score AATPO) like in the app should be an option on the website too (not just a 0-5 point bar).
And if they want to survive, they’ll have to implement ticking better in the future because RB is already losing a lot of users to Untappd. In my area, many brewers don’t have ratings or just a few (in a ratio of 200 to 1 with Untappd).

The number of ratings on RB have been suffering recently even compared to BA. It used to be a no contest. More so with adding beers…

Hmm I’m not completely convinced, but at least these sort of “complete ticks” could even count towards the average.

1 Like

The beer in drinking now was just released Friday afternoon.

Ratebeer = 1 rate (mine)

Untapped = 74 rates

I’m the sole rater of a majority of beers from this brewery but on untapped they have between 200-300 rates

1 Like

The key is not to try to compete with that and do what RB does best. Whatever that is.

Hey, RB brought back the Sliding Rating gadget, cool!

1 Like

Ratebeer doesn’t do anything best anymore. Maybe the accuracy of our database of beers between 5-15 years old. Certainly not beers newer than that.

“Whatever that is”

Beer maps
Place lists?

@hamptonjesse777 This is currently the most annoying thing on Ratebeer. 9 days ago you were working on it. I suggest you make it a priority.

I think @hamptonjesse777 was just trolling and he has nothing to do with @services or anyone behind ratebeer.

1 Like

Thanks Christos. So I guess he will do fuck all about this then…wait a minute…are you sure he doesn’t work in the tech team?

Hey there!

Thanks for raising this issue. We’re going to be making some changes to prevent accidental ratings when you’re trying to scroll around the page (its especially a problem on mobile).

In the meantime we’ve added a clear button to remove any accidental ratings.image

Thanks for your feedback and patience! :beer:

4 Likes

Thanks that helps.

1 Like