Rochefort 10 Mass Online Tasting Thread

so… did everyone forget that today was the agreed upon date?

I got a Rochefort 10 lined up, will taste it later this evening!

1 Like

Yes… already had some other beers lined up too :confused:
Originally intended to do 6, 8 and 10 although that may leave me a little worse for wear.

EDIT: Just cracked open 6. Will get to 10 a bit later :slight_smile:

EDIT 2: Nobody made an event for this on the main website.

1 Like

true, but I thought let’s do it nonetheless. Just realized that we had it planned today ^^

I just opened a 6, which I only recently realised I never rated before :slight_smile:

The 10 as after I have racked the homebrew over.

edit: Om nom nom nom nom

I’ve got a few Rochefort 10’s tucked away somewhere but too much hard work to find now.

I’ll go and find something of a similar boost level in my garage.

Cracked open a bottle, best before 25.07.2022. Cream head on a brown body with an orange hue. Blackcurrant, rock sugar, sour-ish coffee, grains, peppery yeast. Medium to high sweetness, slightly sourish, roasty. Alcohol shows in the warming finish. Medium body, with pearly natural carbonation. Spicy, very complex, still rather fruity. But also a bit heavy, turns more pleasant and creamy while warming up. 8-5-8-4-16 = 4.1

Cheers, you guys!

1 Like

IMG_20180210_230137629

Bottle, best before 8.8.2022. Hazy brown color with ruby highlight and a beige head. Aroma is brown sugar, figs, prunes, blackcurrant, bayleaf, tobacco, dried apple. Taste is vineous, prunes, figs, brown sugar. Foamy mouthfeel. Very luscious, very dense, excellent, glad I finally have opened it again, it’s been a while. 9-4-9-4-18 = 4.4

1 Like

Having a hard time with this. It’s excellent - complex, pronounced, clean. It deserves a really high rating. But I’m just more and more convinced of not loving strong Belgians at the moment. That being said, it’s still in my top 10 highest ratings, probably.

33cl bottle, bought Oct 2016, BB 09/08/2021. Hazy dark brown with a small fizzy beige head. Aroma of sweet dried fruits, brown sugar, spices. Taste is rich, sweet, dried fruits, figs, raisins, brown sugar, spices, warming boozy finish. Medium body, lively carbonation, bubbly mouthfeel.
8-4-8-4-17=4.1

So I had 6 and 8 before that, all three were my first tries of the beers. Really enjoyed all of them. 6 was sweetest but the most easy to drink. 8 I felt was the weakest of the three, somehow it wasn’t as rich as either 6 or 10, and the booziness was just as high as 10 despite it actually being 2% lower. 10 was an excellent sipper, really enjoyed drinking it, rich and complex flavours that grew as the beer warmed a little, mouthfeel was a bit too fizzy/bubbly for my liking but that’s a minor “complaint”.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean. I seem to go through phases where I’ll just not be into a certain style of beer even though in the past I’ve loved them. On a different day or a different mood I may have rated these even higher.

1 Like

This is a great concept. I missed this round, but hopefully something next I can get my hands on here in Alaska.

2 Likes

The other thing is I totally see that this is great, and I feel like it should go up there to 4.3 or something. But I am reluctantly to give a 10, for example, especially if having the whole bottle is somewhat challenging.

Damn, didn’t forget as I didn’t know. Almost accidentally I nearly had one yesterday, as I was just hitting old Belgian favourites. However, it was Black Albert and Cuvee Delfine that got my attention. They were comparatively terrible (meaning they were just good, rather than excellent), I’d much rather have had a Rochefort.

1 Like

I forgot it as well but didn’t want to completely miss out again. So today, I cracked open a three-and-a-half-year old version which was a present of my former colleagues about two-and-a-half years ago.

It is great, but I can’t say that I like it better than a relatively fresh version I had some years ago, I didn’t have it side-by-side of course though. Smells already minimally oxidized, the taste makes up for everything though.

I originally rated it a 4.3, now a 4.2 (7/5/9/5/16). It’ll stay one of my favourite regularly available beers for sure.

1 Like