Sake / Plum Wine identification

Hi,

Myself and @blackhaddock are planning to share this tonight. I have managed to find out the producer is Yokota Shuzou and its 14% but the name translates as ‘plum sake’. Im guessing its not a sake but a plum wine, or ‘umeshu’. However i cant find this anywhere online.

Is anyone able to confirm its identity and if its rateable? Im sure we’ll enjoy it anyway! Thanks

Hi

Maybe we need a new style! While not on point for the bottle you have/had:

Japanese Plum Sake

NIHONSHU DE TSUKETA UMESHU, SAKE BASED PREMIUM PLUM WINE FROM MUROMACHI SHUZO

Premium Japanese sake made with Omachi Rice is used to produce this sake-based plum wine. The plum they used is known as Green Plum and it has a great aroma. This Green Plum is soaked in premium sake for about a year to produce this sweet/sour and aromatic plum wine. 100% Produced with hand.

1 Like

By the sounds of it, its mainly sake then, or at least sake-based. Either way if sake is on the site it should be rateable, but under a new style category? I know almost nothing about sakes so dont know if another suitable category exists

Wouldn’t that be Sake - Infused?

3 Likes

It was very sweet, we had it last at the ‘bottle share’, after 17 different beers (between the 5 of us). T’was a good evening.

<*))))))><

1 Like