Scottish Stat Attack

Just a quick look at the top raters for Scotland, interesting names on there (not mine though).

https://www.ratebeer.com/most-by-country/scotland/241/

I did say I would try and break into the top 50 not too long ago, I’m still 20 plus beers away from that, so it’s not going to happen in 2018 as I have no plans to re-visit this year and we rarely see Scottish beers in Shropshire, even in Wetherspoons.

However it is good to see the top 7 all being Scots (I think), fonefan being pushed down into 8th place.

<*))))))><

Yeah, I’m over 100 away from the top 50 despite frequenting BrewDog Leicester… and three trips to Scotland in as many years (none in 2018 though).

There are some Scottish breweries that I love but it’s a proximity issue. If I really concentrated on my Scottish rates I’m sure I could break into the leaderboard.

1 Like

Yeah, but concentrating on Scottish beers dilutes your other priorities.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Absolutely. It’s a hard life.

1 Like

Yeah with scopeys return to Scotland, the top 7 are all Scotland based

1 Like

I’m suprised I’m only 23 away from the top 50. I think it helps my friend has both a flavourly and fanzine subscription and i share a fair few of the beers with him. Off to Scotland in late October so may be able to break into the top 50 then.

BUMP!

Not premium any more, so can’t see if any changes have taken place. Could someone kind let me know if I have made it into the top 50 or not; and what it takes to reach the top 50 if I am not there. Thanks.

<*))))))><

50th is currently 428.

Cheers @Mr_Pink_152, Just 30 behind (so no closer than before): have you broached the top 50?

<*))))))><

Yeah my Scottish holiday helped. I’m at 47.

Am i still winning

No Scopey is 1st now

Fonefan 2nd

3 Likes

Its been 2 years since my last Scottish beer

2 Likes

Wow 15th for me. Surprised. I live about as far away as you can get from Scotland and still be in the UK.

2 Likes

Surprised how slow it’s been for me to bring my Scotch talley up to speed. The Brewdog fanzine series has helped a little and stuff like the North Seas project, but still, 352 when I’m at 8,000 rates isn’t great. 80 needed to crack the top 50. Hopefully a trip up to Cairngorms and Isle of Skye during the next heat wave will nudge me over 400.

1 Like

How many Scottish Ales?

Don’t start that again, before you joined us there used to be heated debates about the definition. Once the new list of styles is published and changed I am sure the arguments will start up again.

Just for you: 43 Scotch/Wee Heavies and 11 Scottish.

<*))))))><

That’s why I asked:)

As it is, I currently have one Scottish Ale tick, but one of my Scotch Ale ticks is around 4.3% ABV and only ordered because I thought it would be a Scottish.

I am still 18 rates away from the top 50, so not only did I not break into the top 50 in 2018, I doubt I will do so in 2019 either (@Mr_Pink_152 has). 436 needed as of today.

https://www.ratebeer.com/most-by-country/scotland/241/

<*))))))><