SEARCH RESULTS PAGE Feedback / bug updates

Can you bring back the BREWER NAME (with the country flag next to it) and the Beer 5 STAR SCORE on the search result like it was on the launch?

4 lines

Left

1. Beer Name
  2. Brewer / flag
  3. Style
  4. Own score score with date

Right

1. Global score / style score
  2. 5 star score / number of ratings

Make the Beer picture extand on those 4 lines

@aww @services

Dooesnt matter where Im searching from, always the same result.

Reloading page doesnt help.

I agree that it should show that the beer is an alias.
But for the score, probably the alias beer was not “cleaned” when it was aliased; you can unalias, then run “fix score” and the scores should go to 0.

It would be a good idea if for aliased beers the search would return the score of the main beer entry.

that would be very useful

The total number of ratings is often useful.
If I’m drinking from a place that doesn’t carry rarities (hotel, gas station, ordinary bar…) the Corona/Becks/Heineken in my hand is probably the one with most ratings.
Funnily enough, we can sort search by most ratings, but can’t see the number of ratings.

(seeing the date when I rated it is very nice!)

1 Like

Could it be possible, for a beer already rated to display the whole background yellow for that search entry (instead of a yellow square with the user score in it). This would highlight our rated beers in the search more easily (kinda like blue background entry for ticks vs white background ratings in User’s Beer rating pages)
@aww @services

1 Like

Is there a way you could auto-hide the keyboard when in order to see the Suggestions while typing?
Right now we always have 4 suggested beers, 1 brewer and 1 place displayed while typing, with the Show More option at the very end (that you need to click to have more result displayed with the new search) but with my phone, the keyboard overlap the suggestions so I can only see the beers results, not the Brewer and Place unless I click on the keyboard to hide it…we should be able to do so when trying to scroll the screen for suggestions but it doesn’t work, we see the scroller move but the keyboard stays on top.

@aww @services

When the Beer entry is too long on mobile view, the Number of reviews is displayed on 2 lines.

Could I suggest to move the Number of reviews - displayed (X ratings) - right after the Average Score, this way, this problem would never occur… and It would be easy to see that the score is based on X reviews because they would be displayed one next to the other.

Also, note the Top Rated order is not the same on the Search and on the Brewer page…

@aww @services @joet

You should includes the (BREWER NAME + BEER NAME) in the BEER RESULTS.
You should include the (PLACE NAME + CITY + REGION + COUNTRY) in the PLACE RESULTS.

BUG On mobile, the NEXT/PREVIOUS PAGE ARROWS are not showing properly because the Advanced Search and Rows per Page options take too much space, you have to slide right in order to see them (how can people notice that?)

BUG when a beer doesn’t have ABV, it displays a 0 next to the beer style

BUG if you use the Search FROM THE FORUM PAGE, the first search always return no result.

BUG On desktop, when you click ENTER/RETURN after typing a search, the “suggested” results disappear and the full Search results are loaded. However, on mobile, once you finished typing, if you click on ENTER/RETURN, the suggested results won’t disappear…you always have to click on the Search Icon in order for the full search results to finally load (how can people know that at first glance?)… this is a major annoyance IMO, pressing ENTER/RETURN on the mobile keyboard should also work.

BUG On Mobile, when searching, the keyboard doesn’t disappear after hitting Return/Enter so we can only see 1 result until we click on BACK to make it disappear manually.

BUG On mobile, the SEARCH RESULT SUGGESTIONS for Brewers and Places are always hidden by the keyboard unless you click on BACK to make it disappear.

BUG Aliased beer results links now automatically redirect to the other beer without displaying any infos at all (Beer picture for instance) … we still should be able to access the beer page like before. And of course, we should be able to see all normal infos for that beer (scores, rated or not, dates) even if it’s an alias.

Missing a mention for CLOSED Brewers.

The Brewer results are displayed in smaller fonts than the Beer and Place results, it should be streamlined.

In the Place Search Results, we should have a checkbox to include Closed Places in the results.

ADD ADMIN TOOLS SOMEWHERE like they are found in the brewer page (Add Pic, Edit, Verify, Retire)

I suggest that you get rid of the the second Search field (the one in the search window) and replace it by those filters:

BEER Find by Styles, Find by Countries, Find by Region, Current Sort By
BREWER Find by Brewer Type, Find by Countries, Find by Region, Sort By (and correct the options there…there’s no Scores for Brewers)
PLACES Find by Place Type, Find by Countries, Find by Region, Current Sort By
USERS Find by Countries, Find by Region, Current Sort By (add Find by Latest Activity in there)

This way, the search would be way more complete and you could get rid of the old Advanced Search old design page since essentially everything would be there.
At the same time, maybe move the Add Product / Add Brewer / Add Place button down there at the place of the Advanced Search so people would actually have to scroll through the results before adding something (reducing the chances of duplicates, as someone suggested in another post)

@services

This is now working on the web version as of yesterday.

Other bug needed to mention:

On Mobile, when searching, the keyboard doesn’t disappear after hitting Return/Enter so we can only see 1 result until we click on BACK to make it disappear manually.

On mobile, the SEARCH RESULT SUGGESTIONS for Brewers and Places are always hidden by the keyboard unless you click on BACK to make it disappear.

@services

An odd appearance bug (Firefox):image

Yeah this happens when ABV field is left empty at beer creation. This bug was never fixed since the new page format. And I forgot to add it to the list of bugs…(this is particularly problematic for no-alcohol beers since you can’t input 0 abv)

and don’t forget this one too, the stupid flag emoji problem
a3fb5d3a72163ec2c1fe4f6ba950cebe327d076f

updated @services

1 Like

I’m not holding my breath on the flag thing.

Obviously.

in the meantime,
for Desktop Chrome users at least, the CHROMOJI extension makes them appear correctly.

On Firefox, the EMOJI-EVERYWHERE extension works partially right now…