Seventeen Years on RateBeer

Started barely active (wine snob back then), and then @IrishBoy gave me the extensive explanation of RateBeer at Ledger’s in Berkeley, and the game was strenuously afoot - back in the days when craft beer distribution was barely existent. Got to meet a lot of great folks. Got to do some interesting trades. Got to plan some interesting beer side trips on family vacations. Got to drink a lot of great and/or interesting beers. Got to learn one heck of a lot about beer styles. Major thanks to @joet and the many admins who have kept this site together for me (it’s all about me!), and many thanks to all the members who have helped me get through the sometimes complex world of beer. Particularly @IrishBoy and @marcus (who has always championed drinking the best beer available). Cheers!

9 Likes

When does one get a Ratebeer lifetime achievement paperweight?

3 Likes

Congrats old timer! :+1:t2::beer:

1 Like

Welcome to the clube.

1 Like

Congratulations, Bill! Thanks for your many contributions and helping out the community in so many ways. You continue to be an inspiration to me and many others with your well cultivated and persisting love of beer!

Cheers!

2 Likes

You could buy your RateBeer account a drink in a year. At least in the UK…

2 Likes

don’t hear much from @IrishBoy nowadays.

Oh, and congrats.

1 Like

Congrats.

Congrats on the 17 years but I would be one higher among the Calie raters (LOL) but I have enjoyed the infrequent get togethers with you. I need to get back up to Sonoma soon to visit Furiousdman so maybe I can look you up. And belastiefan I do rate a few brews and new places, but haven’t traded for years. I do visit Ratman whenever I head to Wyoming.

1 Like

Huzzah!

Congratulations. You are one of the raters that I love to read ratings from. Also, my good friend hayduke mentions when you and he got together. If you are ok in his book then you are in mine, too.

1 Like