Shindig?

Yes! Sign me up. I’ll bring the scotch eggs (and a few beers)

And maybe a cider or two.

I wonder now whether there will be enough good stuff at Beavertown to merit two days. If not, people could do the Friday & get a refund for Saturday when we could have the Polish tasting instead. It seems the best bet for everyone important to be around and would mean you wouldn’t have to rush off early to get home.

Im still going to do 2 days. Ive no idea how many ticks. I want to see the Festival Succeed now after all the fuss. And im sure there will be plenty. But if there enough for tasting on sat dont let me stop you, we may leave early if not massive amount for us. plus its a 7pm finish so not late anyway

This is now only a week away! Has anyone any plans on the Friday night? Am thinking either Bermondsey or else hit the new Brewdog places (actually going to try to do all 9 whilst i’m over for the “intergalactic beer visa” thingummy) Also want to get back to Beer MErchants Tap at some stage but i have the following fri evening as session off from GBBF so may do then.

Is there a beer spreadsheet to enter what we are bringing?

I have not been for a few years but assume it will still be best to bring either (2 x 330ml bottles / 1 x 500ml / 1 x 750ml) per beer?

Yes

packed my suitcase last night 2x750ml, 2x500, coupla cans and 2 330ml Cambodian ticks. Reckon I’ll be up about 7pm

would appreciate a few beers being kept if they’re particularly rare/ tasty - last year it was only yeasty dregs left!

I bought 3 x 75cl newish French beers in Calais today, most has 3 rates I think.

bringing these. Mrs SHIG got the family a hotel in the city so not to many worries for how I will get home now. Going to try and meet up with @Theydon_Bois in Bermondsey as suggested earlier.

Good stuff @SHIG !

Meeting up here at 10.15.

https://www.ratebeer.com/p/bottleshop-bermondsey/44121/

1 Like

Look forward to it.

Trying to decide what to bring over, but one of the beers im bringing is a 750ml bottle of this with cloned yeast from 1861 :slight_smile:

1 Like

what style is that then?

Good question. From descriptions so far looking towards a Golden or Belgian ale.

I haven’t seen one yet so I kicked one off here.

Have at it boyos.

Thanks Fergus

Finally got round to adding the event on RB

https://www.ratebeer.com/event/55991/

No “official” Sunday session this year but we’ll certainly be at home drinking with J & C so, if anyone wants to pop round, please do.

Added what’s definitely in my suitcase, maybe a few extras. Most of mine aren’t new for me so people can go at 'em whilst I play catch-up. Added a column to flag a couple I’m keen to try if we could hold off on opening them or keep a bit would be much appreciated