Snallygaster 2022

Ticks on sale on Monday. Probably not going to shell out for the VIP this year, but likely down for regular. Sounds like @radagast83 @mansquito and @beastiefan2k at least are in this year

1 Like

Oct. 8…

1 Like

yup.

Like last year, I am just going to take it slow.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. I thought it was something like a snattlerake.

1 Like

I still haven’t bought my ticket yet, not doing VIP, but want to do regular admission. I’ll have to double check my calendar with the wife to make sure that day works. I’m pretty sure I’m only busy the first weekend that month but I need to confirm.

1 Like

Wake me up when the VIPs get a branded umbrella.

2 Likes

If it rains, that is even better. Only brings out the hardcore folk.

Screw an umbrella, I just put a chair on my head

Wife and I purchased tickets. We are officially going.

2 Likes

Got my ticket too, so I’m in officially

I bought tickets and booked train a week ago, so also in.

1 Like

Got a ticket and bringing some friends.

1 Like

List is online now. I’m going through adding beers starting at A. Have made it all the way to B, and added like probably new 20 beers.

4 Likes

Last year I made a careful list of beers to tick and then barely used it. Chances I do the same thing this year are 100%.

3 Likes

Ya I print the excel sheet with some highlights to hit, and usually get to the first few that aren’t tapped out before losing my sheet of paper nearly every year. At least I get those first few though…

One time I actually found my list near the end of the festival, stepped on and muddy , haha

4 Likes

Ok, i went through the whole list but I got sick of adding beers, so only up till like K is all added in there. I added some others here and there, but I got sick of adding smoothie beers, hazies and banana ice cream stouts that are like 15% alcohol.

Those three categories are like 85% of the beers. Other than that, there are like a couple beers that appear to be west coast style IPAs, a fair amount of pils and marzens, and a few saisons and real sours without a million pastry ingredients.

As far as any other style you might want, there may be one or less.

Out of nearly 400, we have one black IPA, one brown ale, maybe one beer from a style with the word bock in it, and no dubbels, tripels or quads. One thing I’m happy to report is there are very few milkshake IPAs and no Brut IPAs, so maybe those trends are dead.

Cynicism about the way our times are going in the craft beer world aside, there are a lot of decent beers on the list worth seeking out still. Good times ahead!

2 Likes

My favorite past-time is meticulously mapping out what beers I want, getting to a festival, seeing a beer not on my list, drinking it and then immediately forgetting about my list.

4 Likes

While a tick-is-a-tick, I’m hoping that if we’re trying to share some stuff, to try and avoid these +10% beasts as much as possible. Of course, I know we’ll be sitting down with about 15 Impys within the first hour… :rofl:

1 Like

Are smaller backpacks allowed? The email said “small bags” and they will be searched. Not sure what they mean by small bags.

Last year I brought a small backpack - one of my old camelbak backpacks. I guarantee there are people with larger handbags/purses that will be there. I was planning on bringing it again this year.

1 Like